Message 11 of 38

Re: BT INFINITY - Unacceptable Cabinet Enabling Delays - 2 years+

This updates yearly. Its previously read 31-Sept-2014, and 2013 etc
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 38

there is a post showing june 2014 so not annual - the openreach standard is quarter day end

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Well the day came and another magical half year got added to the date!

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange PRESCOT is served by Cabinet 1

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    
FTTC Range A (Clean)2819.75.73.7--31-Mar-16
FTTC Range B (Impacted)22.210.551.8--31-Mar-16
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--5 to 7Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 15 to 7Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 7Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------31-Mar-16
Copper Multicast------Available

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 38

no different to many others where their estimate will have changed just like yours - not that it helps just you are not alone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 38

Does anyone know who or where to mail/contact to attempt to find out the specific issues? As the exchange and all other cabinets have been ready for years, I can only assume there is a specific physical reason preventing them getting the required cabling to the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 38

try writing to openreach  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

0 Ratings
Bob36
Contributor
Message 17 of 38

/sigh, same boat as you mate.

When I moved into my house back in December 2013, I chose this area because I thought that BT Infinity was coming in January 2014. (Who knows how many times it had been knocked forward before then).

Since then it just kept getting knocked back 6 months each time. I REALLY hoped it was coming on the latest 31/12/2015 date, but now I check today, and it's been put back again to 31/06/2016...

The cabinet is almost smack bang outside my house, humming away, yet I still can't get connected and on the availability checker I only get:

"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us."

This is all it's ever said and I've failed at finding any olther info, so who knows when I'll eventually get connected.

Isn't like I live in the middle of no-where either. (Swinton, South Yorkshire). Hardly remote farmland or anything. The Exchange has been enabled for ages.

0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 38

Here is a reply from BT on the 12th May 2016

I am sorry that the original estimated date has come and gone.

Checking the project for Cabinet 1 off Prescot exchange and unfortunately they have moved the expected completion date out further until May 2017.

There have been and continue to be a number of issues with duct and cabling works, other utilities in close proximity and power supply delays. These factors have resulted in extensive delays on this project as well as the fact that we have a number of projects across Prescot and the surrounding area all ongoing.

I am sorry you cannot yet order Fibre Broadband but please check our website for the most up to date information closer to the time as this is updated weekly.

0 Ratings
Bob36
Contributor
Message 19 of 38

Here we go again. 30/06/2016 has arrived, and of course bang on the day, they roll it back another 3 months to 30/09/2016.

What's the bet that they'll do it again when that date is reached?

As I said before the first date I saw was 31/01/2014, I've been waiting ever since then.

The exchange was enabled years ago. I've had an infinity box on my street (litterally a couple of doors up from my house, near to the existing one) installed and humming away for over a year at least, possibly longer. ADVERTS have been put up on billboards litterally on the corner a few months ago about infinity, e-mails have been sent with "a special offer personally for you", offering infinity, and STILL no f***ing fibre.

Same **bleep** excuse on the ADSL checker page. "sorry it's taking us longer than expected to get your cabinet ready"...

This is really taking the **bleep** now. If they've no **bleep** intention of doing it then why even give a date at all? Just to roll it back each time it's reached.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 38

The three month dates are simply placeholders.

Have you contacted Openreach to find out the cause of delay? Enabling cabinets can be a very complex/time consuming/costly exercise.

There'll be a genuine reason for the delay, Openreach will want it activited asap to start generating revenue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings