cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity 1 In Extension Socket

Is it possible to connect BT Infinity 1 to an extension socket, because there is no mains plug, where the master socket is.

We have two types of extention socket, one kind with BT on it and another with nothing on it at all.

Will it not work properly? & Will their be a drop in speed?

Thanks 

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 1 In Extension Socket

It should be ok, but the performance depends on the estimate for your line given by www.dslchecker.bt.com
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Could you be able to estimate the speeds I could get.

Thanks

FTTC Range A (Clean)6547.919.112.6--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)55.431.819.18.6--Available

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The speeds your line should be able to get will be between the low of a Range B line 31.8 Mbps and the high of a Range A line 65Mbps.

Because you have opted for Infinty 1  if you are on a Range B line you should get between 31.8Mbps and 38Mbps, 38Mbps being the cap placed on Infinity 1.If you have a Range A line you should get more or less the maximum of 38Mbps.

This could be slightly less depending on the condition of your internal extension.

0 Ratings