cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard42
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Infinity 1 - Upstream Rate IP Profile of 2Mbps?

Hi David,

Thank you for the swift response!  I have sent you a message with my details.

Cheers,

Richard.

0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Somebody called me back to progress this issue and kindly booked a BT Openreach engineer who has just left.  He confirmed that the line is excellent quality and approximately 1.5Km from the exchange. 

The reason that the Upstream Rate IP Profile has been stuck at 2Mbps for 6 months is that BT Retail ordered the 40/2 product, not the 40/10 product which I have been paying for with BT Infinity 1.  This was confirmed by BT Wholesale this morning.

This is what I have suspected for a long time, despite repeated assurances by BT Retail to the contrary!

The BT Openreach engineer was both helpful and persistent.  However, as far as BT Wholesale are concerned, the product on the line is 40/2 and they cannot change it to 40/10 without authorisation from BT Retail who claim that I am already on this with BT Infinity 1, which clearly I am not.

Obviously this is very frustrating and I am now waiting for a call back from the department that arranged for the BT Openreach engineer to visit so that I can discuss the issue with them and hopefully get this matter resolved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

just need to wait on mods getting back to you and then see if they can help

as I said earlier with the speeds from your hub showing up attainable <2mb then even if profile is changed to 10mb you still won't get any faster just profile will show 10mb instead of 2mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

BT called back and have managed to update the product on BT Wholesale's system, good news.  I am now waiting a day or two for the change to go through.  Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
cfit81
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Hi @richard42

I think I have the same issue as you. See my line stats below. I am stuck on a 2mb upload profile yet I have BT infinity 1. Could I ask who / what you called and the number to ask them to check what product I am actually on?

stuck.JPG

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

@cfit81

from the checker results you posted earlier showing estimates of 15mb or less then BT would not sell you infinity1 but would sell you faster broadband with fibre.  it is just the same apart from 2mb up profile.  you have been fortunate in that your conenction speed is better than estimated at 20mb but up speed is low as per checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cfit81
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Hi @imjolly

But I am on infinity 1. See my account below. Anything I can do?

mypackage.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

what were you actually sold - BT would send you an email at outset

with your estimated figures BT should not sell you infinity 1 but broadband with fibre

with your stats even though you were on infinity2 you would not get any faster speed just higher profiles

0 Ratings
cfit81
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

@imjolly - I moved house taking my BT Infinity Option 2 with me. Then I downgraded to BT Option 1. Although there were multiple issues along the way with BT first not thinking I was in an Infinity area but a BT Faster Broadband one. So in the ins and outs of that who knows what actually happened.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 25

There is no such thing as an Infinty area vs BT Faster Broadband one. It is all about attainable rates within the fibre enabled area.

Your attailable falls into the Faster Broadband category due to distance from the cabinet.

0 Ratings