cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 25

Re: BT Infinity 1 - Upstream Rate IP Profile of 2Mbps?

@cfit81 wrote:

@imjolly - I moved house taking my BT Infinity Option 2 with me. Then I downgraded to BT Option 1. Although there were multiple issues along the way with BT first not thinking I was in an Infinity area but a BT Faster Broadband one. So in the ins and outs of that who knows what actually happened.

If you have now been put on the fibre 40/2 profile for good technical reasons at your new location then you might want to ask BT about being moved onto the matching Unlimited Faster Broadband BT Consumer product. Why? Because last time I looked it was £2 cheaper than Unlimited BT Infinity 1 and also came with 50GB Cloud storage rather than 5GB. BT do try and make up a bit for the slower speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 25

One word of warning though.

Being on Unlimited Faster Broadband might I think exclude a customer from being able to order certain BT TV services that require Infinity even if their Faster Broadband download speed is above the Infinity minimum of 15Mbps. The ordering system might just say 'no'!
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Good morning!

I am pleased to confirm that I am now on the 40/10 product (the router seemed to reset itself around 1am).

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 09.46.48.png

The upload sync speed is still about the same though.  Here are the router stats:

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 09.11.50.png

I thought I would try a router reset (though the pin hole at back), just out of interest to see what would happen and here are the stats after a reset:

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 09.45.13.png

A long way off the estimated 4.3 to 6.4Mbps.  Openreach engineer yesterday confirmed that line is excellent quality and definitely clean, not impacted.

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 10.14.44.png

I suspect there is nothing further that can be done, but I will await a call back from BT on Friday in case they have any further suggestions!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

that's good got profile changed to infinity 1 10mb but up conenction speed still the same as expected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 25 of 25

I'm writing a final update on this thread.

BT kindly offered to send out a second engineer, who reset the DLM and also checked the quality of the line.  The DLM reset didn't increase the speed and the line was perfect.  He even tried a different port at the cab, which had no effect.

I am happy that everything has been tried and will just accept the slow upload.  I suspect it is down to specific characteristics of this line, which is perhaps loosing the higher frequencies over a shorter distance than your average line.

Thanks to everyone for their input.  Bring on nationwide fibre to the home!

0 Ratings