cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
transporter
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 1 upgrade offer - 38Mb to 53Mb - don't see any change in speed

Go to solution

Hi, I wonder can someone advise me please.

BT contacted me in May regarding the upgrade they plan to make on my Infinity 1 broadband service (We're increasing the speed of your BT Infinity: At the moment, you're getting a maximum speed of up to 38Mb. We're making that even faster by increasing it to up to 52Mb. You don't need to do anything – we'll simply let you know when it's done.)

5 days ago (17th June) they notified me the switch to 52Mb is done and I should see the difference. However I don't see my download speed any better. Last night I waited until 1 am to see if it's anything to do with peak hours but no luck, the best download speed I got was 42.96Mb and never touched 43Mb. I wonder if there is a cap set or any line issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting options from BT website but not yet tried calling customer care. Thought let me share this in the forum for an advise. Please see stats below.

HH5 troubleshoot info:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ43243508
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 08/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 11:17:20
6. Data rate:9999 / 46393
7. Maximum data rate:14549 / 46057
8. Noise margin:10.2 / 6.3
9. Line attenuation:27.0 / 20.7
10. Signal attenuation:26.9 / 20.3
11. Data sent/received:126.7 MB / 1.3 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 1 upgrade offer - 38Mb to 53Mb - don't see any change in speed

Go to solution

From your hub stats the max attainable is 46 mb and you have max connection speed. The upgrade of your line has happened but due to your distance from the cabinet you have as fast as your line can handle. The line cap was increased from 40 to 55mb but you can only get as fast as your line can handle - you have increased connection speed from 40 to 46mb for free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
you are connecting at 46.3Mbps which is well within estimate your download speed will always be lower than the connection speed It is the connection speed BT quote
transporter
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you imjolly and John, so there isn't much I can do then Smiley Sad

btw it wasn't a free upgrade, they started charging me an extra 2 pounds from this month for the jump from 36Mb to 43Mb...seems fair? Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You must have taken the offer to renew your contract on new terms to get the upgrade early rather than wait and get upgrade for free without new contract 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings