Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Infinity 1 upgraded to Infinity 2 today

BT LogoBT Smart Hub Manager
Back

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ61938501

Firmware version:

SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:

30-Apr-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 6 Hours 30 Minutes 53 Seconds

Data rate:

10.00 kbps / 44.00 kbps

Maximum data rate:

16766 / 54762

Noise margin:

10.5 / 8.8

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

1958 MB Uploaded / 660 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-ZHF7

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-ZHF7

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Band steering:

Off

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

90:4D:4A:09:21:1F

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 28

This is great,  2 years ago when I had Infinity 2 I was getting speeds greater than 66 meg,  As previously said in my last posts I've been on Infinity 1  with speeds 48 to 50 meg and had a good offer to take Infinity 2.

3 days ;later now today I'm getting around only 33 meg download, and I'm supposed to be on upgraded Infinity 2.

I've posted  the stats requested and hoping pleeez 😞 there's someone who can help me.  Im going to phone BT again when I'm off Mon 8th  to probably cancel the contract as  now  have speeds around 33 meg,  since upgrading !! to Infinity 2.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Brian

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 13 of 28

Hi, i understand your frustration. I upgraded to infinity 2 last night and im still getting the same speeds i was on infinity 1.. I ran a check and my line supports upto 76MB.
And just like you, i haven't received any confirmation email other than the one i got when i upgraded last night. I'm going to give it a few days and if it doesn't increase i'll be going back to infinity 1

I was also told it could take untill midnight for the speed to increase but i really doubt anything is going to happen.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

Your stats are showing that the noise margin is 8.8 when the optimum should be about 6. That means there is room for improvement with the speed that you are presently getting and the low speed could be because of a fault on your line. However your max data rate is 54.7Mbps so it is unlikely you will get more than 50Mbps even if your noise margin improves.

You should try connecting to the test socket on the master socket to see if things improve. If they don't you could try contacting BT and report a fault to them and request that an engineer investigates the problem.

If things don't improve above 52Mbps, and it is unlikely that it will, it would in my opinion be a waste of time being on Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 15 of 28

Hi GG30340..

They told me the other day it would cost £130 for an engineer to come out if there was a problem on my end, then today they told me it would be free ?! Don't really know what to believe. Starting to think i should have just been content with my speeds on infinity 1
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

The £130 fee is if there is a fault with your internal wiring and or equipment which are not the responsibility of BT/Openreach. They are your responsibility and therefore chargeable to fix.

That is why you should connect to the test socket on the master socket as that will eliminate any internal wiring.

See link about engineer charges

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-charges

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 17 of 28

Ok, i always use the master socket, my noise margin is 6.10 so surely there is no fault with my line ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

There may be a problem that is not affecting the noise margin. In any event stick to your own thread instead of posting on this one so that the OP can get answers for his problem. 

0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Hi 

I wish I had not taken the offer of upgrading my Infinity 1 to Infinity 2.    My Infinity 1 was giving me 48dl  10 upload.

My broadband update was on 2/5/17  and since then my rte has driopped daily, coming in after work BT wholesale test gives me 

download 35.49 and 7.69 upload.

Can anyone or any mods explain why my rate has dramatically drooped on an "upgrade.   My rates were pretty stable on my old Infinity 1 at 48D/10Up

I'll be phoning BT on Monday to cancel this "upgrade"

rwgards

Brian

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 20 of 28

What did BT say when you contacted them regarding lack of speed?
0 Ratings