Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 28

Re: BT Infinity 1 upgraded to Infinity 2 today

@brianbru wrote:

Hi 

Can anyone or any mods explain why my rate has dramatically drooped on an "upgrade.   My rates were pretty stable on my old Infinity 1 at 48D/10Up

I'll be phoning BT on Monday to cancel this "upgrade"

rwgards

Brian

Did you read my message No. 14?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Hi

They gave it the 10 day settling in period. With the software cap removed I should have seen an instant jump, I had a good stable connection on my by infinity 1 package with 48 download 10 upload, so with my "upgrade" to infinity my connection has deteriorated to 34 download 8.5 meg upload, not impressed

Brian

0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Hi

Thank you for the information , I will contact BT and ask for an engineer visit, to try and get me back to what I had with my infinity 1.

I'll do a speed test from the master socket as you suggested.

thank you again

regards

Brian

0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

BT Infinity 1 upgraded to Infinity 2

Hi

On the 1st May 2017 I upgraded from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2, I posted on the forums asking for advice as   with Infinity 1 had average speeds of 48/15   yet after the "upgrade speeds dropped over a 4 day spell to 44 then to 30.

Following several calls to BT, a engineer call was offered and the engineer visited today.

He changed my face plate, and had my  profile reset.  My line profile is now at 53, andd am getting speeds around 49.5   so a 5 meg increase.

Do you think this will be the maximum speed attainable or is there a chance over the next 10 days that it might increase.

There is no point paying for Infinity 2  if this is the maximim possible,

Any advice appreciated

Brian

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

Re: BT Infinity 1 upgraded to Infinity 2

I have merged you post with your original thread so that any body wanting to help can see the history of your posts.

If your line was reset it is unlikely to get any better over the next 10 days.

0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Re: BT Infinity 1 upgraded to Infinity 2

My line profile has been slowly increasing with along with my download speeds, how ever with last line sync increasing to 55meg my download speed wont go above 50. Could the software cap still be on despite me switching to infinity 2 , any way of checking this

regards

Brian
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

Can you post your current stats from the hub?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brianbru
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Hi here are my hub stats BT Hub 6A Serial number: +084319+NQ61938501 Firmware version: SG4B10002244 Firmware updated: 30-Apr-2017 Board version: 1.0 Gui version: 1.32.0 DSL uptime: 1 Days, 9 Hours 53 Minutes 45 Seconds Data rate: 17.76 kbps / 58.00 kbps Maximum data rate: 17759 / 56649 Noise margin: 6 / 5.4 Line attenuation: 18.2 Signal attenuation: VPI / VCI: 0/38 Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B Latency type: Fast Path Data sent / received: 3182 MB Uploaded / 3005 MB Downloaded Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com BT Wi-fi: Active 2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-ZHF7 2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 11) 5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-ZHF7 5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36) Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended) Band steering: Off Wireless mode: Mode 1 Firewall: On MAC address: 90:4D:4A:09:21:1F Software variant: - Boot loader: 7.33.
0 Ratings