cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT Infinity 1 very slow

Hello, looks like my upgrade to Infinity 1 for the past 6 months has been a total waste of time. I upgraded straight away once it was available in our area. It has never been good at all (10-12Mbs) but recently it has taken the biscuit. Please look at my stats.

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 7.19 Mbps

0 Mbps7.4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 7.19 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 5.18 Mbps-7.4 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.4 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.38 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.38Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Not only this, the wireless router is absolutely terrible, worst router I have used. The wireless keeps dropping out and I only get 1 bar of signal in my bedroom. I noticed you have just released a new BT smart hub, can I exchange this router for a new one without any cost?

Hope you can look into my broadband problem asap? I have posted a fault for a second time this week, they said it was fixed but obviously you can see from the results above it is not... Hopefully you can fast track this problem and look into it further for me.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Infinity 1 very slow

Can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results please
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Please find attached DSL Checker Results:

DSL Checker.jpg

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Router is straight into the master socket. Computer connected via ethernet. Please see image:

IMG_8660.JPG

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Anything regarding this issue? My phone line is completely down but broadband still works but very slow.

I have also tried removing the front off the master socket and plugging it straight in but this provides the same results.

Hope this can be resolved asap?

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

If you have no phone line you need to raise that as a fault to 0800 800 151
0 Ratings
Highlighted
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

I have raised it as a fault, it was the first thing I did but it is taking for ages. I have no phone and my internet is terrible.

I raised a fault on the broadband too and they said they had fixed it but obviously they haven't. I am meant to be on Infinity 1, not DSL. BT Infinity: "all the speed you need", "superfast speeds", I dont see these advertised speed increases.

Please can you look into what is happening with my account? I really would like to resolve this issue, I have tried everything my end.

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

You need to chase up the no dial tone fault on your line.

Once that's fixed the broadband speeds will return.
0 Ratings
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Ok, I will try chase this up. What is the minimum speed I should be getting on BT Infinity 1?

0 Ratings