Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Infinity 1 very slow

11.5Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

But that's dependant on a working phone line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 18

Of course.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

11.5Mbs, no wonder it is so hard to find this information out. So they increase the maximum to 52Mb but leave the minimum. So much false advertising, the words "Up to" are not enough, it should be crearly written on any advert the minimum speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

The speed you can achieve is specific to your line. You would have been provided this at the point of sale.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

@brigida21 wrote:

11.5Mbs, no wonder it is so hard to find this information out. So they increase the maximum to 52Mb but leave the minimum. So much false advertising, the words "Up to" are not enough, it should be crearly written on any advert the minimum speeds.

Its not hard at all. It is the figure quoted on the checker result you posted.

0 Ratings
brigida21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

The whole pricing system is completely wrong. According to the DSL Checker the maximum my line can provide is 17.6Mbs correct?

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages

I am only getting a speed within the bracket of the "Unlimited Broadband" package which is half the price. I am not getting anything "Infinity" with the package I am currently on. Don't you agree?

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

The unlimited broadband package at half the price is ADSL, for which your estimated speed is about 4Mbps according to the checker. ADSL and VDSL are 2 different technologies and ranges of speed. ADSL is delivered from the exchange and thus your distance from the exchange is the governing factor whereas VDSL (Infinity) is delivered from the green cabinet and thus it is your distance to the cabinet which determines your speed.

0 Ratings