cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonyMck
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity 2 DSL line connection/internet drops out randomly

Been having a problem with our internet for the last month it wasn't staying connected for longer than a day, but the reconnect would be pretty quick.  Two weeks ago we had a complete loss of internet, there was a DSL line connection but no internet, after mutiple engineers 2 days ago the internet finally came back.

The issue at the moment is that the connection still isn't stable enough to reach top speed, it could last for up to 12 hours or for as little as 2 minutes but for sure it will disconnect and after each disconnect it will take around 2.5 mins for the PPPoE to connect.  We do not turn the router off and all tests I run are from my ethernet connected PC.

BT speedtest have us sitting in 74-80mb download because we are so close to the cabinet.  We're roughly getting 30-47mb at the minute but this is at least better than 0 we had last week.

I'm wondering if there might be any issue that my homehub isn't compatible with the cabinet.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ51318895
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 01:25:12
6. Data rate:14999 / 44301
7. Maximum data rate:19435 / 56542
8. Noise margin:6.9 / 5.6
9. Line attenuation:29.2 / 7.3
10. Signal attenuation:29.6 / 17.5
11. Data sent/received:74.1 MB / 422.0 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity 2 DSL line connection/internet drops out randomly

the cabinet will accept any fibre enabled modem /router all are compatible
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonyMck
Message 4 of 9

FTTC Range A (Clean)8075.12020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8073.42019--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available
Fixed Rate0.5----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
BETUp to 2----Available
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

connection and even attainable low compared to your dslchecker estimate

are you  using the test socket with a new filter or do you have a SSFP?  if the latter are you able to try the test socket with filter to see if that improves your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonyMck
Message 6 of 9

This issue still occured when I was connected to the test socket with a filter, recently an engineer replaced the plate to an openreach mk 3, so I have no need for the filter anymore and basically stopped ussing the test socket since then

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

it is not the first MK3 that has been faulty but if you arehappy that it is ok then you need to phone customer services and get engineer back as you speed is well below your estimated speed  you may need a boost engineer

0 Ratings
JonyMck
Message 8 of 9

Sort of don't want to jinnx my internet by causing it to disconnect at the minute but maybe later tonight I can switch it over to test and check the results in the morning.  

I have had a number of engineers out the past few weeks, I'll be receiving a call back from BT support tomorrow, just to see how the internets been progresssing this weekend.  Ill possibly book an engineer visit during the call.  

Does a boost engineer work on these specific types of problems?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

as the name suggest he is trying to improve/boost your conenction speed especially if well below estimated  they have additional equipment to do further tests on your line

0 Ratings