Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LiamS
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT Infinity 2 Evening Slowdowns

Go to solution

After numerous calls to BT and a engineer vist on 8/12/2017 i decided to make my issue known since this is my first time here I thought since people have success i'd express my concerns here since it's been happening in the beginning of December.

Since the engineer was here on Friday he found a issue on the line at the end of the test he stated that the issue was from the exchange to the green box and changed my line over.

But im still facing slow speeds in the evening it's ok during the day but when it reaches 8:30pm bam immidate slow down to the point it's affecting online game play.

Here's the test of the speeds im getting which is still under further investigation and would please be so kind to be kept in the loop thank you.

Liam S

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture7.PNG

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
LiamS
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Infinity 2 Evening Slowdowns

Go to solution

BT Smart Hub Stats

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ63056095

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

07-Jun-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

1 Days, 23 Hours 34 Minutes 42 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 74.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

31806 / 86885

Noise margin:

13.4 dB / 9 dB

Line attenuation:

12 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Can you do another diagnostic speed test but this time when download seems ok - probably off peak. Test should be done with Ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
LiamS
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Will do Thank you for the quick reply that was fast. Just want to add all those test was done via ethernet just a quick update i did another speedtest via speedtest.net and getting even lower Down 12.17 upload 18.34 but when it's offpeak ill do another test.

0 Ratings
LiamS
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

So right after midnight at around 1:00am the speeds are back to normal again this happens every day at 8:30pm without fail and lasts until 12:00am i did a lline check everrything sounds clear the engineer said it was a problem at the exchange to the green box.

Capture8.PNG

Capture9.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@LiamS Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your BT Infinity connection speed at peak times. 

The symptoms you describe are typical of a capacity problem so I looked up the congestion report and can see the Chiswick exchange is listed as BT Wholesale have identified a problem with the local network in your area. They've advised that new infrastructure is required with an estimated completion date of 02/02/18.

If you send over your details we might be able to help you with a temporary fix by moving your connection to a different SVLAN. You'll find the 'click here to contact the mods' link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

LiamS
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@NeilOThank you for getting back to me very quickly ohno doesn't look good as a long wait but if you can get the Tempory Fix sorted i'd be more than welcome Thank You once again i knew i could count on the Forum. I've sent over my details using the contact link you gave me and will be patiently waiting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
LiamS
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Dead on 8:30pm again slowed down did a latest test on the bt wholesale website and one on speedtest.net

6873670047.png

1.png

Capture11.PNG

Capture111.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

As you have completed the mod form you are now in a queue of others waiting on assistance and when your form reaches top of inbox then mods will contact you. This could take about 3 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@NeilO Stated "might be able to help you with a temporary fix".

The mods will attempt to help as much as possible but if all SVLAN's at the exchange are running at capacity there may be little they can do.

0 Ratings