Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Coverdoodle99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity 2, Home Hub 5 Constant daily disconnections. Please help

Go to solution

Hi Guys, Hopefully you can help as the BT Tech Support (Phone) havent helped at all.

At the beginning of the year, i would get disconnected once every couple days. This gradually got worse and got to the point of about 4/5 times a day. I rang BT Tech Support who suggested resetting the router, but this didnt work. They then sent a replacement Hub but the Hub they sent was a HH4 and i had a HH5. i spoke to BT Support and said that they had sent the wrong Hub but was told the HH4 would work with Infinity 2. I tried the HH4 again but it wouldnt connect at all, orange flashing light with Orange "B" light aswell. I rang BT Support for the 3rd time and they said they would send a HH5, 2 weeks passed and no hub arrived, I rang a 4th time and samething they said they would send a HH5, again 2 weeks passed and no hub. I rang a 5th time and they sent a HH5 (was told it was an updated model from the original HH5?). A new HH5 arrived, i connected it and all seemed perfectly fine, i had no disconnections for a couple weeks. then it disconnected 9 times in one day and now it disconnects evryday for a minimum of 4 times. 

When i say disconnect, the Light flashes orange and the broadband light flashes orange. before the replacement it would only be off for 1 or 2 mins max. now each disconnection is for 5 minutes minimum. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity 2, Home Hub 5 Constant daily disconnections. Please help

Go to solution

OK a little bit of a sketchy problem but we'll get you there.

The HH4 will /should work if you have the white Openreach modem. The HH5 has it's own built in one so doesn't need it.

By far the most common reason for the router dropping connection is a line fault so the first thing to do is a quiet line test with a corded phone on 17070 option 2. The line should be silent between announcements. Any noise report a line fault on 150, don't mention broadband or you will be put in the wrong queue and never get it resolved.

If no line noise get back with the connection stats from the HH5 which you will find at Troubleshooting/Hellpdesk. Lines 1 - 12 will suffice.

0 Ratings
Coverdoodle99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I dont have a White Openreach modem only the HH5.

I rang 17070 and i couldnt hear any noise.

Lines 1-12 are below:

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ35038243
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 12/08/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:11:27
6. Data rate: 14997 / 57412
7. Maximum data rate: 25958 / 71609
8. Noise margin: 11.4 / 8.9
9. Line attenuation: 18.6 / 16.5
10. Signal attenuation: 18.7 / 16.5
11. Data sent/received: 7.5 GB / 273.4 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Coverdoodle99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Update:
Rang Tech support and was told that there was a fault in my line so he reset it and I reset the router and he said it was all fine.

5 minutes after phone call had finished it disconnected and has done it 6 more times.

Total disconnections Today (28/3/17) 15 times always disconnects for at least 5 minutes. Could be more times it's disconnected as myself and partner both work during the day.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Coverdoodle99 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Take up @NeilO 's offer. Tech support cannot remotely reset a VDSL line (unlike ADSL).

0 Ratings
Coverdoodle99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
@NeilO I have contacted you via your profile.
0 Ratings
Coverdoodle99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Broadband Disconnected 30+ times in last 6 hours!!!

Go to solution

Good Evening

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-2-Home-Hub-5-Constant-daily-dis...

I created the above thread a few weeks ago and was greeted with great help, i followed the direction given and an engineer was organised to come Friday 7th April 1 - 6pm

The Engineer arrived at 1pm (van pulled up outside my house) left immediatley. at 1:25 i recived a text and an email stating the engineer had arrived but had to do work elsewhere before getting to me. After seeing the van pull up and then leave straight away i never saw the Engineer again. 

Saturday 8th recieved a phone call from BT who stated the engineer had missed the appointment and she booked another one for Friday 21st April

Tuesday 11th recieved a phone call from BT again the gentleman on the phone stated that the engineer had fixed my problem and that my broadband should be perfectly fine and he stated that they had cancelled the engineer appointment for Friday 21st. i emphasised to the guy that my issue wasnt fixed and that i was still having constant daily disconnections but he hung up straight away. 

Wednesday 12th i have had the worst day for disconnections since the issue started early January. I came home from work at 4pm and have had 30+ disconnections.

Please help as this is getting more and more annoying as the days go on. I am unable to perform any tasks on the internet as it just disconnects. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Re: Broadband Disconnected 30+ times in last 6 hours!!!

Go to solution

@Coverdoodle99

Please contact the moderator who is dealing with your problems.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Re: Broadband Disconnected 30+ times in last 6 hours!!!

Go to solution

Hi @Coverdoodle99,

I've picked up the latest email you submitted. I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I've run a few tests and can see the drops so I have raised this to our product support guys to take a look at. I'll be out of the office until Tuesday but I'll be in touch on my return.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings