Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsavcomms
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Infinity 2 Slow Upload Speed

Hi

I've been noticing very pooer upload speeds recently. This hasn't been an issua until recently as my connections upload speed wasn't utilised a lot, now having a home media server I have noticied very poor upload speeds for BT Ininty. We had also been suffering with low download speeds but that has been solved as we had an engineer come out to the property.

My average upload speed is in the region of 6Mbp/s which from my understadning is pretty poor for bt infinty 2!!

I have recentyl migrated to my own router/firewall and a BT Openreach modem, this does not appear to be an issue as I get the same speeds with the HomeHub 5 or the Openreach modem and if anything the download speed has improved some more.

Many thanks,

Josh

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Infinity 2 Slow Upload Speed

Unless your modem is unlocked you will not be able to post any meaningful stats from router

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test with wired connection and post results http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jsavcomms
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi thankyou for the fast reply! Heres the test results for my connection.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 16.26.49.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete phone number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jsavcomms
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 19.07.20.png

0 Ratings
jsavcomms
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 19.47.27.pngNew modem arrived to tody here is the line stats shown on the modem.

0 Ratings
jsavcomms
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Does anyone actually wan't to help me??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

this is a customer help customer forum and everyone apart from mods is a customer just like you  they will post whenever they want to and whenevr they think they can help so you just need to wait  

comments like  'Does anyone actually wan't to help me??'   won't get you help any quicker

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @jsavcomms,

We'd be delighted to help you.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings