Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues - Mod help please

Dear BT Community,

My new BT Infinity 2 FTTC Broadband service was activated on 31/1/18. My estmated download speeds were up to 70 mbps and during the first week I was receiving download speeds of 65 mbps, which is acceptable and matched the max speed on the BT 'dsl checker'. However, since then my download speed has dropped to 48mbps and has been stuck at that for the last 2 weeks! This is less than BT Infinity 1 speeds and very frustrating considering I am paying for your 'premium' BT Infinity 2 service and know that my line is capable of at least 65mbps! It would appear that DLM is reducing/capping my broadband speed and it seems to be stuck as there is no sign of any gradual improvement. This may be a carry over DLM situation from my previous ISP TalkTalk, which I was hoping would be rectified when I moved to BT? It looks like I require a DLM and/or Caution Counter Reset, which I believe can now be done remotely without the need for an Openreach Engineer visit? Would a moderator please contact me so I can send them some stats and hopefully get this problem sorted out, thanks.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues - Mod help please

If you were getting more or less the same speeds with your previous ISP and now with BT it would appear that DLM has in both cases reduced your speed to maintain a stable connection. 

This would tend to indicate a fault on your line and it would be pointless getting a DLM reset until the underlying fault has been fixed because all that would happen would be that DLM would once again reduce your speed.

You need to contact BT and report a fault to them ad have an engineer investigate the problem.

0 Ratings
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Hi gg30340, thanks for your reply. I have already contacted BT and they said there was no fault on my line! They passed me round various departments and after about 30 mins on the phone they said that my speed was above the 'minimum' and therefore they couldnt do much about it. This is of course very frustrating because I know that my line is capable of over 60mbps, as I had this with TalkTalk and with my current BT service during the first week. I need the DLM to be reset asap, Please Help!

0 Ratings
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

There is no fault on my line. I think the problem was probably caused by me experimenting with a few different routers and making a few disconections! This presumably made DLM kick-in thinking there was a problem on my line and introducing interleaving. I was hoping this would be removed/rectified when I switched to BT, but the problem has remained and DLM now seems to be stuck with no speed increases happening! I have been on 'fastpath' before and would like a DLM reset so I can go back to my previous speeds please!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 25

If you are saying the problem when with tt was caused by you experimenting then changing ISP would clear DLM . You still have the problem so like it or not you have a fault and DLM will not be reset until resolved.
0 Ratings
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

I have contacted BT Customer Service about this twice! They say there is no fault on my line and that my broadband speeds are acceptable, which of course they are not to me because they are way below what my line and Infinity 2 are capable of! DLM appears to be stuck and needs a reset please!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 25

Can you post the connection stats from the hh?
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

I am using a high quality TP-Link VR2800 modem router and the latest BT faceplate, plus best quality vdsl and ethernet cables! Here's all the latest stats and info that I have.

TP-Link VR2800 router stats.JPGBT dsl checker.JPGBT broadband estimate.JPGBT speed test.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

You had the higher speed with TT and for what ever reason DLM lowered the speed.

When you moved to BT your line/DLM was reset as is evidenced by the initial higher speeds. DLM has now decided that your line can not support that higher speed and has lowered it again.

There is either a fault on your line or your line can not sustain the higher speed.

Going by your router stats it would appear that you are getting as good as it's going to get.

0 Ratings
Dave-2401
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

I appreciate what you are saying, but my line has quite happily sustained higher speeds for long periods in the past! I was with tt for 18 months and most of the time got speeds of between 55 and 60mbps! During the last month with tt when DLM kicked-in the speed dropped and has remained slow since, apart from the first week with BT? I think DLM is stuck and needs resetting. How do I get this done please?

0 Ratings