Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues - Mod help please

As I have already said, DLM was obviously reset when you changed ISP. That is why your speed went up. It is pointless getting another reset, even if it was possible, until the reason why DLM kicked back in is resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Should I report a possible fault on my line then and get an engineer to take a look?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

Yes but before doing that you should see if there any noise on your phone line? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Try connecting the VDSLModem/router to the master socket/ test socket to see if your stats improve.

When you use the test socket make sure that any telephone extensions you have are "dead". There should be no dial tone at any of your phone extensions. If they have a dial tone it means you have star wiring and that is not good for Infinity and will need to be fixed.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

I have tried the 'quiet test' and there is no noise on the line between announcements. I have the latest BT NTE5C MK4 master socket and faceplate, I don't think there is a 'test socket' on this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

nte5c update

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

I've got the NTE5C MK4 combined unit with clip-on VDSl Frontplate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

If you unclip the face plates you will find the master socket.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

After taking the faceplate off, I will need to plug a filter into the master socket and then the router/modem lead into that alongside the phone socket? Ok, will give that a try, but I will have to disconnect my router and go offline. Hope that doesn't make DLM slow my line down even more!! If that doesn't work, I will report a fault to BT! Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

the DLM does not normally affect the attainabler speed just the conenction speed and as your connection speed is at attainable with noise margin about normal 6db I think it more likely a conenction problem  connecting to test socket will be your best conenction so can repost new stats from your tplink please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Here are my latest stats from TP-Link modem router after disconnecting and re-plugging into master/test socket, they look slightly better but still not great!

TP-Link stats 2.JPG

0 Ratings