Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues - Mod help please

a slight increase is attainable and conenction speed confirming there is no DLM restriction  you are within the estimated speed range from dslchecker  what exchange and cab are you on as you deleted from checker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Hi, I am on the Cleveleys exchange, Cabinet 53, about a mile from the exchange and 300 yards/metres from the Cabinet. I think I should still be attaining download speeds of 60 to 65 mbps on Infinity 2. Will my speeds gradually increase providing there is no fault on the line?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 25

your speed would increase if your attainable was higher than your conenction speed but in your case you are at attainable with normal 6db noise margin so no place to go.  however openreach are activating G.INP on ECI cabs - which yours is - and that may give you a bit more speed but you just have to wait and see as it is controlled by DLM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

Thanks for the info. On my router stats, why is my 'maximum rate' lower than my 'current rate', that doesn't make sense?

When will G.INP be activated on my ECI cab and will I have to do anything when it is available?

Finally, is it correct that ISP's can now do a remote DLM and/or Caution Counter reset without needing an Engineer visit?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 25

as I said openreach are making G.INP available on ECI cabs but there is no published roll out so just a matter of wait and see  there is nothing you can do to activated it as controlled by DLM

ISPs now have the ability to request DLM reset based on certain criteria but at present there is no procedure available from our ISP on when or how that will happen