cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues and the attitude adopted by the BT Help Desk was very dismissive.

Further to Forum Moderator's invaluable help last August sorting out problems with my BT Infinity 2 speed and BT Openreach's visit on the 2 August who reset my IP profile. My speed sat at 77.44 Mbps down and 16.39 Mbps up (see attached) for the last 11 months. I have carried frequent tests and the speed is very consistent. 

However, last weekend it dropped to 60Mbps and but upload speed remained the same as before, I logged a fault at the beginning of the week VOL012-***********. Last night the upload plummeted to just 200 to 300Kbps and is still the same this morning. I contacted BT again to find out when they are going to rectify the issue but they were unwilling to do anything, essentially saying they can't guarantee upload speeds and that is that. Considering I had consistent speeds to 11 months this seems to be crazy. For the record attitude adopted by the BT Help Desk was very dismissive.

BT wholesale test 29 aug 2013.tiff

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues and the attitude adopted by the BT Help Desk was very dismissive.

Do you have a Homehub5 ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed Issues and the attitude adopted by the BT Help Desk was very dismissive.

Hi Ray,

No I have a Home Hub 4

Regards

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

Have you tried the quiet line test from the test socket on the master socket ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 16

In order to rule out the Homehub as potentially being the device responsible for your speed loss, you can connect the Openreach modem directly to the PC and try some more speedtests. To do that follow these steps:

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem cable

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop to the modem via the cable instead

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Hi Ray, I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

0 Ratings
PB55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Hello Rodster

I agree with the view that seems to run throughout a lot of the subjects is the attitude of the helpdesk in response to the problems with Infinity.

Mine has been with the same problem but in this case it looks like the Cabinet ADSL output for downloads have gone down from 35Mbps/50Mbps to 32Mbps/41Mbps in the space of 5 months. I was regularly getting download speeds of 46Mbps until recently (Bt Wholesale Speedtest) now I am doing well to get 34Mbps.

Was told by e-mail at time of order it would be in the region of 37.8Mbps/52.4Mbps and ADSL test at time confirmed 35Mbps/50Mbps.

Spoke to the helpdesk to be told even though I am now only getting 34Mbps (which they admitted their own tests confirmed) because it is within 90% of 37.8Mbps that is totally acceptable and they will do nothing about. Would not accept the cabinet readings had changed. Kept saying I would have to accept it.

I rang this morning to change from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 and had to deal with an unhelpful customer service who started telling me about the various options but then changed his mind and said I could only have the unlimited option. Wouldn't accept that they were no longer supplying what I had originally signed up for.

Very poor service.

0 Ratings
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Considering the slating BT got from BBC Watchdog a couple of weeks ago, they really need to listen to the customer.  I believe they should follow in the footsteps of Apple, Amazon and John Lewis who have second to none Customer Service. 

0 Ratings
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Hi Ray, 

I did a test again via HH4 which gave me a 700Kbps upload then again direct via Openreach Modem which gave me 15.22Mbps. What shall I do ask for a new Homehub?

🙂

0 Ratings
TheRodster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Hi Ray, 

I did a test again via HH4 which gave me a 700Kbps upload then again direct via Openreach Modem which gave me 15.22Mbps. What shall I do ask for a new Homehub?

🙂

Also how do I get my download speed back to 77Mbps if the HH4 caused the problem in the first. Do I wait and cross my fingers that DLM will actually work and change my IP profile back or do I have to get an engineer to sort it out?

Lastly is DLM only affected if you restart the openreach modem or does it still happen if you restart the HH4?

Regards

0 Ratings