Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave86
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Infinity 2 Speed dropped

Go to solution

We had Bt infinity 2 installed 2nd May 2014. We was connected 75/20 the connection speed changed about whislt line training and went down to 65/18. But today the connection has dropped over night to 40/17. Is there a problem with the line because the hub hasnt been swithched off since we had it installed. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Infinity 2 Speed dropped

Go to solution

Same happened here.  Had BT engineer out who told me there was no problem.  Insisted it gets chaked from the outside and he went into the manhole on our road and "did something" (he doesn't know what, allegedly!) and it went back up to 80/20.  now, this morning, it's down to 27/20, but the max attainable speed has gone up to 93.5 (from 53).  I know I can't achieve 93.5, as BT cap @ 79.999, but also curious now to see why my downstream has gone done again.

Dave, maybe you should ask one of the mods on here to have a look into it, and if you're sure it's nothing inside your home causing it, see about getting an enginer out.

First engineer that came found no issue and said it was working 100% fine.  I pointed out to him the overnight loss of 30+Mb and he wasn't fussed.  Seems that persistence pays off.

0 Ratings
gravy1
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

i'm in norfolk and mine is 46/8 on an 80/20 line. When it dropped before I think it was because of several power outages in my area (maybe the DSL or whatever checks line stability thought it was an internet problem and systematically lowered my speed each time) anyway an unofficial visit from a bt engineer saw it jump back up to 72/19 when he reset something outside.... (possibly the dsl I really don't know) but this time it may be something else as we haven't had a power out for nearly a year. This stops most of my bt sports recordings so a little bit frustrating but as I can get the motogp highlights on ITV4 on monday it's not too bad.

Far too old and fat to be riding very fast motorcycles...... but I do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gravy1
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

just wondering.... mine is now 42.6/8.4 .... if it drops lower than infinity 1 speed 40/9.5... would I be entitled to a reduction in my bill ?

Also have you tried resetting the openreach modem (hold button in until 1 green light goes red) and unplug the homehub for a minute... you can do both at the same time but make sure the OR modem has 2 solid green lights before starting the home hub

Far too old and fat to be riding very fast motorcycles...... but I do.
0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

We had a Broadband "outage" for a few hours yesterday (County Antrim area Northern Ireland)  - To be fair since I first took Broadband several years ago we have not had very much trouble as regards service failures.  This time however it seems to have adversely affected speed and especially upload speed. Whereas I have been accustimed to uploads in the 18-19Mpbs range it is now down to 4Mbps or less.  Download speed has reduced slightly from approx 53Mbps to 49Mbps.

No point complaining as BT are all but oblivious to Customer satisfaction.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

In a perfect world DLM would work seamlessly but in BT's world it does seem to get stuck quite often.

0 Ratings
dave86
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Again the connection has dropped overnight. This time there is a bit of a increase in the download speed now connected @ 51/17.

0 Ratings
dave86
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
A little update here contacted BT who confirmed there is a fault somewhere and will send a engineer out. So hopefully we will back to full speed soon.
0 Ratings
dave86
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
The engineer turned up 24.5.14 he done various tests. He couldn't find a fault on the line. His conclusion was possibly a faulty hub 5. He reset the line so we was back to full speed 75/19. The line dropped a day later it's now connected at 66/19 which has been stable for 3 days. I will monitor the line to see if have anymore disconnections. A thank you has to go to Darren who has been helping to resolve the problem.
0 Ratings
mattanorak
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Dave,
After the engineer fixed my line, it did sync at 80/20, then went down to 72/20. I noticed that Interleaving was on. A day or two later, I looked and it looked like interleaving was off, and back up to 80/20. It may just need a few days to settle out after all the disruption and work on the line...?
0 Ratings