Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 46

Re: BT Infinity 2: Speed reduced to 40mb

Go to solution

LOL! @pippincp, I'm not a natural pessimist, I just don't want the OP to have false hope and I'm realistic. I just cannot see that the DLM will give a better speed than before. I am sure though that the mods will be able to increase the speed using other ways, however (fault finding).

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 46

Go to solution

ITYM @pippincp

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 46

Go to solution

Whoops! Sorry! Edited, thanks for pointing that out. 🙂

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 24 of 46

Go to solution

I haven't given anyone false hope.

What I do know is that the mods would not have requested a DLM reset without first checking the line. Just because noise margin is at 6dB does not mean DLM hasn't taken other action and Max data rate shown by the hub isn't always correct as seen many times before.

We don't have the same access or test tools the mods have to make sweeping statements.

Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 46

Go to solution
True, hopefully I'm wrong.
0 Ratings
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 46

Go to solution

Ok, so I plugged my HH5 in just to see if my attainable rate had increased with the reset and it hasn't.

Clearly can see it actually has dropped which unfornate. I might be impatient since its been 2 days but if this is my real speed my line can handle now I will drop down to the 40/10 package since im getting 0% of the 80/20 yet paying more.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
kickmaleerie
Contributor
Message 27 of 46

Go to solution

I have a similar problem with my line being stable at 69/18 for 15 months and then dropping to 60/15 when nothing has been changed at my end.

btchartdload.png

I run a TP Link Archer VR900 and particiapte in SamKnows  so I have the line stats to back this up from my analytics 

I also noticed that other ISPs have revised the projected Download/Upload for my line by about the same ratio on the last month: 68/18 to 59/15.

According to BT Wholesale my line should support my  previous profile. See below:

Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 20.45.33.png

Is this the result of contention as more FTTC connections are added to the cabinet I am on?

TIA

john

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 46

Go to solution

@kickmaleerie

Your problem is a download problem whereas the post originator has a problem with connection speed  your connection speed is ok and within estimated range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 46

Go to solution

Ok so I got my adsl filter today so I could test my connection via the test socket.

When I undid the screws the whole faceplate came off and behind was another BT faceplate behind. 

This is how it was installed when I had fibre installed and it wouldn't connect through the test socket using the fibre face plate but would using the test socket on the other faceplate.

I don't know if this is normal practise on fibre installation or could be something addding to my possible problem?

1.jpgCapture.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 46

Go to solution

You need to remove the middle section as you did before you get to the test socket. This is normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings