Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 46

BT Infinity 2: Speed reduced to 40mb

Go to solution

My connection was about 55mb for years and in the last 6 months it has slowly dropped to 40mb. 

Not had any disconnects in years except recently I been getting a few a day which seemed to be solved now as work was being done in my area.

Bt wholesale checker reports I should be getting between 54mb and 57mb but my IP profile is 42mb.

I use a 3rd party router connecting to the BT modem but have plugged back in my HH5.

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 46

Re: BT Infinity 2: Speed reduced to 40mb

Go to solution

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab    https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Go to solution

Dialling 17070 option 2 on a corded phone is completely silent.

pic1.JPGhh5 statspic2.JPGwholesale check

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @CrushALL,

It does look like your line should be achieving a speed higher than it is at the moment.

It looks like the DLM has your line is banded at 44 Mbps. I can take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 46

Go to solution

are you connecting direct to the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your speed - even if you have a filtered master socket

normally if banded profile that would normally only affect the conenction speed whereas your attainable speed is just above the conenction speed and noise margin is normal 6db

if test socket does does not improve speed then take up mod offer of help by completing the form

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply and have submitted my information as requested.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @CrushALL, I've checked and the network maintenance that Openreach were hoping to be completed by the end of last week has not been completed. This has been escalated with them and I'll have a further update later this week and will update you then.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 46

Go to solution

Ok thanks for the update

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @CrushALL The fault has now been fixed and I have raised a job to get your profile reset now and this can take a few days. I'll check back with you next week to see how it's performing.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
CrushALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 46

Go to solution

Ok brilliant, thanks for the update.

0 Ratings