Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evfrson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity 2 Upload Speed Issues

Go to solution

When I ordered BT Infinity I was given an estimate of upload speed of 15Mb/s but I have never been able to get an upload speed greater than 10 Mb/s, usually it is exactly 10 Mb/s which made me think maybe I have been wrongly capped at 10 Mb/s. How can I get this checked out ?

Further diagnostics are shown below:

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 75.88 Mbps

0 Mbps77.44 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 75.88 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 9.24 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9.24Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

thanks,

Robin

-------

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity 2 Upload Speed Issues

Go to solution

Its a known issue with the hub, try restarting it (only the hub, not the modem) a couple of times and see if it changes. 

You are on the correct profile to get download speeds like that.

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

you ip profile shows you are at 20mbps which shows the line is not capped at 10, i had a similar experience and the forum suggestions were to do a reset of the router several times as this is a known issue, i think i reset the hh3 about 5 times and eventually on the last time my upload speeds went from about 9mbps to 18mbps , i was really happy with this outcome so it may be that you need to reset your router a few times to clear the issue

0 Ratings
evfrson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

OK guys thanks will try what you all suggested and report back.

cheers,

Robin

----------

0 Ratings
evfrson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just a quick update I have done a reset on the HH3 by pressing the little reset button with a paper clip and my upload speed has now risen to 17 Mb/s which is good news!

Thanks guys for your help.

cheers,

Robin

---------

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

you are welcom evfrson, i am glad you are now recieving the correct upload speeds

0 Ratings
john18
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Have a similar problem but resetting does not cure it. Have had infinity for several months and after some initial problems the download speed settled to about 65 and the upload to just below 20 which was slightly more than I had been promised. About two weeks ago the download speed dropped to about 57 which is still ok but the upload speed almost halved. After several hours of phone calls to India ( I lost the will to live) I eventually managed to get an engineer round last Saturday. He was very good and changed the porting on the cabinet and changed to a different pair of copper wires. The effect was immediate with a download speed of 74 and an upload speed of 18. This lasted untill today when it has dropped bach to 57 and 9. Please help. This speed is constant and not dependant on the time of day.

0 Ratings