cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sorrydarren
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 2 - but engineer has installed a Type 1 master socket... Query?

Go to solution

I've just moved home and using the home move service had an engineer visit my new house (I was at work my girlfriend let the engineer in). When I returned the engineer had fitted a Type 1 master socket - so no ADSL. 

I've phoned BT to tell them the wrong socket is installed and their only solution is to tell me to use microfilters!?

But everything I read says microfilters are for Infinity 1 users, and 2 should be a Type 5 master socket. 

I'd like some advice, I'm at the end of my tether... 

Thanks

Darren 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 - but engineer has installed a Type 1 master socket... Query?

Go to solution

microfilters are used for adsl and vdsl2 - filters should work ok on adsl - have done for years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Yep, nothing wrong with using filters on Infinity. Most installs are now "self installs" so many many customers will still have older type sockets and will therefore require filters.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
sorrydarren
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks both, so no need to worry about the speed being slower using the microfilter rather than the built in filter on a Type 5 master socket? 

I was concerned as the engineer fitted the master socket (I had no BT sockets in the house), so wanted to make sure he hadn't made a mistake and fitted old technology.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
There should be no difference in speeds at all. If there was, it certainly wouldn't be noticeable (a couple of kbps at worst)
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’