cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glin103
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity 2 keeps dropping

Hi 

I have been with BT for about 2 months now and our internet has started to drop out when the phone rings or when making a call.

We have replaced the mircofilter on the extension where the phone is and also tried using the main socket which has a filter fitted in it already

The phone line is also cracking really bad to the point we can not use it when the hub5 is turned so we have to turn it off to make a call

we have done a quite line test and its is cracking bad

Oru connection speed also looks like it has dropped 

Downstream:47.52 Mbps
Upstream:15.1 Mbps

Our area has recently been enable to fibre multicast dont know if that is something also to do with it as the problems started about the same time and our hub5 line in is connected to the DSL port 

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity 2 keeps dropping

hi

can you run this and post the picture https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Good evening glin103, and welcome to the forum.......

Can you carry out the "quiet line" test ? Using a corded phone plugged into the test socket on the master socket, dial 17070 and choose option 2. There should be no crackles, popping, buzzing, etc, in fact, it should be quiet........

If you still get noise when using the test socket, then you need to dial 151 and report it, but do not mention the broadband, otherwise they will go down the broadband route. You need to have a good voice line in order to be able to receive a good broadband

It is important that you use the test socket, as this should remove your house wiring as being the potential cause of the noise.....Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
glin103
Message 4 of 6

bt.png

I will test the other post tomorrow getting late to open things up and let you know , thank for the help so far 

0 Ratings
glin103
Message 5 of 6

hi

i have tested on the test sockets and it is cracking not as bad as if i use the normaol socket, It appears to be hit and miss on the test socket sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt  , yesterday daytime it was fine , last night and this morning cracking 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

that is the cause of your problem you need to report a noisy phone line with no mention of broadband in the call use the fault line 151
0 Ratings