cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tm1210
Message 1 of 13

BT Infinity 2 no faster than Infinity 1

Go to solution

I've left this late in the game to ask for help now as my contract is nearly up I've just ben so busy. I upgraded with the understanding my speed would be upgraded to I think it was 56 or 58Mbps which I would have been delighted with but they have never changed at all wich leads to think did the change in effect even take place? My contracts up in April and I know the price difference isn't that big of a deal but surely theres no point in paying for a service I'm not currently getting.

My only worry is that if I do downgrade I'm afraid my spped might get messed up and knowing my luck I'll end up in the low teensSmiley Sad

Stats are...

bbb.png

ccc.png

I really do feel like this is a 2 minute job that an enginner could probably sort. I'm not sure I'm not that techncally minded. Any advice would be most greatful.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Infinity 2 no faster than Infinity 1

Go to solution

Speed is dependant on line length and it looks like yours is too long to go any faster.

If you have a Homehub 5, can you post your helpdesk data from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home or http://bthub.home

Please miss out any data you don't want to post

From the Helpdesk data it should be easier to say if your line is too long.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
tm1210
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Hey Ray.

Many thanks for getting back so quick. I sadly only have a HH3. So it looks like I might have been suckered into a 12 month contract by BT knowing I'd little chance of receiving those speeds I got in that letter?

Think is I'm stuck them as I live at home and my mum would not switcha way from BT at any cost.

I quite happy with the speeds I'm not happy with the way this panned out. That being said I'll have a strong word with a rep as they haven't been off the phone knowing my contract is up for renewal!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Sorry, I didn't spot that.

In that case can you post your IP Profile by running the BT Performance test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com please? When the first test has finished, press the Further Diagnostics button then after you enter your phone number, your IP Profile should be displayed.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
tm1210
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Sorry Ray is this the info you requested?

ggg.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Well it is, but in this case only the Helpdesk info from a Homehub 5 is useful.

As you have a HH3, you need to get your IP Profile to check you actually are on Infinity 2.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
tm1210
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

nnn.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks. As you can see your Upstream Rate IP Profile is 20 Mbps which means you are on Infinity 2, but it looks like your line is too long to go any faster.

I think you have been mis-sold Infinity 2 and you should be moved back to your old contract for free.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

not sure you have been mis-sold if you chose to upgrade but you should certainly downgrade back to infinity 1 and if contract due then use the options team who are uk based and they will sort it  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dfenceman
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

This may help the OP :-

Table of FTTC speed against distance from the street cabinet
Distance from the street cabinet (km)FTTC fibre broadband connection speed (Mbps)
Best regards,
dfenceman