Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 38

BT Infinity 2 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

Go to solution

Hi, I was with BT until February when I decided to try Vodafone . My Infinity 2 speeds were usually around 60 Mb but when I changed to Vodafone this dropped to 45 Mb so I left them within my cooling off period and rejoined BT. My estimated speed was given as between 59 - 78 Mb with a minimum of 54, which was inline with my speed with BT on the previous contract.

Unfortunately when the BT account was reactivated it started off with speeds just below 40 Mb and over the last 2 weeks it has increased to 45 Mb but this is well below the speed I previously enjoyed and the guaranteed minimum. I'm using exactly the same equipment as before. I've done a speedtest at the BTW site and the results are attached.  Can someone advise me please how to best get this issue resolved?

BTW.jpg

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 38

Re: BT Infinity 2 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

Go to solution

can you post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

was btspeedtester done with wired or wireless connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

Post connection stats from hub.

Connect to test socket with filter and post stats again for comparison.

Also a quiet line test on 17070 option 2 any noise report a line fault, don't mention broadband.

radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not using the HH, I've got a Draytek BT approved modem - I was using this before when my speed was around 60 Mb. It's connected directly into the master socket with a filter and wired to my PC. 

Not sure I've done the DSL checker properly as you will see from the result.BT3.jpg

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

Connection stats?

Quiet line test?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 38

Go to solution
Can you post any connection stats from draytek?
Try using your address in checker can't understand why number does not work if bt number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

my dsl checker is showing the same and ive rejoined bt in the last couple of weeks.

radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

Quiet line test is fine, no noise at all. I'm having trouble accessing the Draytek interface, will post the stats as soon as it decides to let me see them. If it won't play ball I'll unpack the HH and set that up.

@imjollywrote:
Can you post any connection stats from draytek?
Try using your address in checker can't understand why number does not work if bt number
0 Ratings
radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

I got the DSL checker to work, confirms I should be getting around the speed that BT stated and that I was getting prior to my short spell with Vodafone.BT6.jpg

0 Ratings
radiomyke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

I've never achieved anything above 65 Mb but generally had around 59 for the entire period I was with BT. I foolishly left because Vodafone offered me the same broadband package for over 50% less cost. My speed dropped to ~45 which I wasn't happy with so decided to go back to BT.

I was only away for 4 weeks but the connection speed won't go back above the Vodafone level. Nothing has changed at my end, I'm using the same modem and router, connected to my PC via ethernet cable; very frustrating but I suppose I shouldn't have jumped ship to try and save money!

0 Ratings