Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dr_wooo
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity 2 speed below estimate

Hi,

While I was on holiday my BT infinity 2 was activated. I have returned home to find that the wired speed is roughly 59 down and 16 up. This is less than the estimated speed I was advised.

I contacted BT via phone and got the usual "plug it into the test socket" etc but I don't see how this will make any difference when according the BT Home Hub, the max data is 59097 and 23486.

They are sending out an engineer, which I don't think I need as the speed is consistant with no drop outs or slow speeds.

Is there any way to confirm what the maximum speed has been set up for my line?

Thanks,

Russell

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 2 speed below estimate

You should connect to test socket with a new filter as that may improve your coonection and increase your attainable speed there are many posts where this has helped with connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 2 speed below estimate

@dr_wooo wrote:

Hi,

I contacted BT via phone and got the usual "plug it into the test socket" etc but I don't see how this will make any difference when according the BT Home Hub, the max data is 59097 and 23486.

The max data speed is a function of your line condition, if you improve your line condition by plugging into the test socket, your max data (as well as actual data) will also improve.

Is there any way to confirm what the maximum speed has been set up for my line?

Speed is not 'set up' for your line, your line will achieve whatever speed it is capable of achieving.

Thanks,

Russell

0 Ratings