cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamillo
Message 1 of 7

BT Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 switch

Hi, I was a happy BT customer for past 4 years using BT Infinity 2 up to its full speed 76 Mbps dL and 16 Mbps UL. Three weeks ago I moved to new flat and moved my service with me - BT sent me new Smart Hub. My current speed is: DL 21 - 28 Mbps UL: 6-7 Mbps I run some checks on my line and it turns out that I cannot have speed greater than 44 MBPS DL - see below: 3 photo Bt_Test3_zpsukcudy6l.png photo Bt_Test1_zpsw36dnavy.png photo Bt_Test2_zpsozh5sgns.pngIs there any chance to improve my speed ? If not, should I ask BT to change my plan to Infinity 1 (up to 52 Mbps DL) from Infinity 2 ? Is it possible ? Please let me know your thoughts fellow broadband masters ! Regards, Kamil

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 switch

Welcome to this user forum.

Please post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Could you also please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics. This must be done using an Ethernet cable.

You should be able to downgrade to Infinity 1, once your current Infinity 2 contract ends, however I don`t think there is much difference in the price.

Did you start a new 12 month Infinity 2 contract when you moved, or did you just transfer the remainder of your existing contract?

0 Ratings
Kamillo
Message 3 of 7

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Sorry, I cannot view those images as that site is blocked on my network.

Here is how to post pictures into your forum gallery.

https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 5 of 7

I would recommend downgrading to Infinity 1

Your line is not capable of the speeds for Infinity 2 and at least you will save a little bit of money per month.

0 Ratings
Kamillo
Message 6 of 7

Here are re-uploaded screenshots:

Bt_Test4.png

Bt_Test5.png

Bt_Test6.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I would agree with @Checked2013 you are not going to get Infinity 2 speeds where you are now.

You should consider downgrading. Its worth giving BT UK Customer Options a call on 0800 800 030, and see what they can offer.

It may depend on whether you started a new broadband contract, as well as a new phone contract. A new phone contract is required, but not always broadband, especially if you were still in contract when you moved.

0 Ratings