cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmsq82
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity 4 slow when BT TV is switched on

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before, not seen it posted at least not what I'm experiencing.

Just got delivery of BT TV UHD box, signed up for the Max product, plugged it in all ok after a few minutes on the extra channels or 4K TV started getting errors greeen screen pixelated signal drop of the channel to black screen and errors.

At the same time any device connected to the LAN was experiencing slow speeds(Speedtest and BT Openreach test showing 4Mbps-8Mbps download speed) and some pages not resolving.

After an hour on the phone to about 4 departements they said it must be an issue with internet, so was put to FTTP team who could not find a fault also could not tell me why speed was an issue. Was told engineer will call me in 72 hours.

I decided to reset BT HUB and the BT TV box, once I went through initial setup, everything was working fine, ran speedtests while watching BT Sport 4K and was hitting my 300Mbps, after an hour or so my family started noticing slow speeds, same as before, so I switch off the box and straight away my internet is backup to it's normal speed.

Anyone experience this or no what things to check, because if it is like this I would rather send back the BT TV and just get SKY over satellite.

Any help is welcome thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
hmsq82
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 4 slow when BT TV is switched on

Update

Did some more tests yesterday factory reset box  and it seems to work for a while before killing my internet to a crawl.

After spending about 12 hours on this, I've decided to cancel my BT TV sub, as my 14 day return period is coming close to an end, I would rather not  have to deal with this for the 18 month contract.

Called CS I did ask if there is an engineer that could check it but no, so cancelled it. For those searching for this in the future, there was no fix to my issue. It could've been a faulty box or my HUB or my internet connection I will never know.

0 Ratings
hmsq82
Message 3 of 4

SpeedTest_BTTVON.PNGAbove is speedtest while on 433 channel, and this si when speedtest works.

SpeedTest_NoBTTV.PNG

Above is speed test when the BT TV Box is off, I've also noticed now that watching anything but the 433 channel like 390 works fine and my speed test is just like above.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

As you have FTTP only the FTTP team can help. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings