cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seve15
Message 1 of 12

BT Infinity 4 to BT Ultrafast 2

Hello, we placed an order back in October for the FTTP BT infinity 4. Due to the issues with the infrastructure and the need to install new underground ducting we are still awaiting Fibre broadband. With the release of 'BT Ultrafast 2' is there anyway we can change the terms of the contract as we will be paying more and receiving a slightly slower service and we have yet to have an activation date confirmed?

Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Infinity 4 to BT Ultrafast 2

Is it available to you? If FTTP is available in your area I doubt Ultrafast2 will be.

0 Ratings
seve15
Message 3 of 12

Yes the new Ultrafast 2 is available to me. I thought they were both FTTP? Ultrafast 1 and 2 replaced the old Infinity 3 and 4 packages?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

I could be wrong, but I thought Ultrafast is G.Fast technology delivered via copper.

0 Ratings
seve15
Message 5 of 12

Yes I see now sorry, I just re-read a news article on the Ultrafast rollout. So I assume if I wanted this new package I would have to wait again for more cableing to be installed between my cabinet and my property?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

No, it is a bolt on to the cabinet as far as I'm aware. Have you checked availability in your area here https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/ultrafast?s_intcid=con_intban_dmedia_content_ultraf... I didn't think G.fast would be rolled out in areas that had FTTP.

0 Ratings
seve15
Message 7 of 12

Yes, seems like I can Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Interesting. Obviously your choice, but a full fibre delivery would be preferable to a copper delivery in my view. I guess it depends on how long the delay to FTTP is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Just to clarify I believe Ultrafast 1 and 2 are also being used for fttp, I no longer see infinity 3 and 4. I’m in a similar position with build stage so will probably have a talk to BT once I get to the internal install stage. Couldn’t find BT article but this one seems to explain it https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/01/uk-isp-bt-launch-152mbps-314mbps-ultrafast-broadband-p...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

@seve15 wrote:

Yes, seems like I can Untitled.png

That will still be FTTP.

0 Ratings