Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Congestion Issues

Hi,

My Boardband has been having an issue over the past few weeks, where by the download speed becomes really slow, with ping being extremely high. It always happens in the evening around 9:30PM to 10:00PM, so it seems like a congestion issue to me. Looking on the forum, I have seen other people with similar congestion issue's, who have had theirs resolved by a mod investigating the issue, with it turning out to be a server/software issue. I was wondering if someone could help me with my issue.

Regards,

Liam

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Congestion Issues

You need to post stats from your router. And also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. You need to post when connection is ok and when you think it is slow. Must be done with a wired connection

normally you would expect problem at peak time and not limited to about 9.30/10.00pm

which exchange are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Imjolly for the quick response,

I am on exchange Purley, I will get the speed test results as soon as possible.

Just to note, the last speed test I did when it was bad came out as below.

Download speed 0.17Mb/s Upload 0.18Mb/s Ping 2007.

Hub Stats.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Was your btspeedtester result using a wir d connection?

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
liamscor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi Imjolly,

Yes it was with a wired connection. My Infinity speeds are not great anyway, since I am 1 kilometer from the cabinet.

Line Stats.PNG

0 Ratings