cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT Infinity Connection Issue/ frequent ping latency

have you tried changing wireless channels on your hub http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46550
0 Ratings
young4evr
Beginner
Message 22 of 29

then, how can I fix the wireless issue or just impove it. I tried 1,6,11 wihch said to be having lowest interference. It does not matter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 29

you have a choice of 13 channels to try not just the 3 most common used by every router
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 29

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
young4evr
Beginner
Message 25 of 29

ok, I will try this.. thank you.

0 Ratings
NoobSaibot
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 29

I'm always having latency issus... say whenever I'm watching a stream via peer to peer... and if I close the stream and perform a ping test quickly my ping will be around 200ms for 3 or 4 secs

Probably the most annpying thing about fibre.... latency issus

And torrenting is absolutely useless... typically only achieves around 300kbs no matter the number of seeders... some sites offer downloadable gameplay footages but I can't get them because they use torrents... 

P2P is the only drawback... apart from that everthing else works fine

0 Ratings
Highlighted
young4evr
Beginner
Message 27 of 29

I have tried all 13 channels these two days, It is still not working no matter which channel I use. Even there is no overlapping network, it get latency as well. 

1.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 29

check your latency using a wired connection this will eliminate any wireless problems
0 Ratings
young4evr
Beginner
Message 29 of 29

As I said before, it is the wireless having this problem and it is getting worse. Now it is start to lagging every time I open the internet explorer or online game application. From my test , it seems that the wired connection is fine. But we don't use wired connection because we simply don't have the long enough ethenet cables to connect the route on the ground floor to our room upstairs.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings