Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steved164
Beginner
Message 11 of 41

Re: Stange BT Disconnection issue

Go to solution

Hi

I have had the same issue. I log on to my work service via a VPN which I have to restart 5-6 times per day. I have also just upgraded to SKY Q and the mini box needed rebooting every time I turned it on and sometimes I needed to reboot the HH5 as well. There have also been dropped connections when my son has been playing online games and it has disconnected from numerous devices such as fire sticks. I have tried all of the ideas on the forums such as splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz signals, assigning static IPs and all sorts of other stuff you should not really have to do. In the end I gave up and bought a TP-Link N600 and it literally worked out of the box and solved 100% of my issues. I think the HH5 is just a duff bit of kit and looking at the feedback on it I'm not the only one.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution

I have BT Infinity Unlimited 3 on the Hub 5.

And recently I had a BT Engineer to my house as I was experiencing some slow speeds, and an engineer came last Wednesday and unknown to me another one on Tuesday.

The guy on Tuesday checked my line and was OK and was able to use my Broadband.

When the guy who was booked came on Wednesday he did the same checks on my line and all was OK!  But he suggested that I have an alternative line from my Socket downstairs all the way to the Hub.   I told him I will look into it.

When he went, for some or known reason, I had no Broadband Service, and I phoned him back and just fobbed me off!

So I Complained to 3 "BT Support People" one fobbed me off, the Second said she would get an engineer the following week and the 3rd an engineer on the Friday (Much better)

And in fairness my issues where resolved when he came, there here some errors on the line that where fixed, and he put a new DSL line from my socket upto the Hub, and Speeds are back to normal.

But what I've experienced recently is that I'm getting "Disconnections" My Hub is on as normal, and my Lan Icon (on my Task Bar) Is fine.

But it seems my connection is occasionaly cutting out and becoming "slow"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Rob

I'm a little bit mystified here. If you have Infinity 3 that you have to be on an FTTP connection. The Only path from the ONT is direct to the router.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

@steved164 wrote:

Hi

I have had the same issue. I log on to my work service via a VPN which I have to restart 5-6 times per day. I have also just upgraded to SKY Q and the mini box needed rebooting every time I turned it on and sometimes I needed to reboot the HH5 as well. There have also been dropped connections when my son has been playing online games and it has disconnected from numerous devices such as fire sticks. I have tried all of the ideas on the forums such as splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz signals, assigning static IPs and all sorts of other stuff you should not really have to do. In the end I gave up and bought a TP-Link N600 and it literally worked out of the box and solved 100% of my issues. I think the HH5 is just a duff bit of kit and looking at the feedback on it I'm not the only one.

Start you own thread rather than piggybacking, it does not help you nor the OP in this thread.

0 Ratings
RobCharles1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 41

Go to solution

Hi David

There is no Problem with the wiring.

The BT Engineer came to my house last Week and sorted any issues out.

What device?

The Speed Test is perfectly fine:

Download - 35.05

Upload 5.96

Ping 37.75

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution
trying a different laptop or tablet
0 Ratings
RobCharles1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

Dont have neither.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution
could you borrow one from a family member or friend just as a test
0 Ratings
steved164
Beginner
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution

Great response from a "guru". I shared my solution which was quite simple - ditch the substandard hardware supplied by BT - maybe as a "guru" you shoud conlemplate the simplicity of the solution

0 Ratings
RobCharles1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution

BT have since sent me a new Hub all appeared to be ok, but then the problem came back, checking the logs when it happend I see this:

I'm going around in Circles on the BT Live chat they tell me to change different settings in my hub and it's still not fixed.

Can anyone from BT Help me here?

Thanks

Rob

14:31:53, 22 Jul.( 252.100000) Device connected: Hostname: Rob-​PC IP: 192.168.1.64 MAC: 10:bf:48:85:e0:81 Lease time: 1440 min. Link rate: 1000.0 Mbps
14:31:53, 22 Jul.( 251.980000) Lease requested
14:31:45, 22 Jul.( 244.680000) Wire Lan Port 4 up
14:31:45, 22 Jul.( 244.190000) Device disconnected: Hostname: Rob-​PC IP: 192.168.1.64 MAC: 10:bf:48:85:e0:81
14:31:42, 22 Jul.( 241.670000) Wire Lan Port 4 down
14:31:09, 22 Jul.( 208.590000) Wire Lan Port 4 up
14:31:06, 22 Jul.( 205.590000) Wire Lan Port 4 down
14:31:00, 22 Jul.( 199.580000) CWMP: session completed successfully
0 Ratings
RobCharles1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution

Bump

0 Ratings