cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Infinity Down - Phone working- hardware checked - have to wait a week for openreach. Any help ?

Go to solution

About Monday 5pm Infinity goes down. Sync light on Openreach HG612 off . Restarted power cycled everything. was using a Asus AC68U router, re- installed the Home Hub 3 and same thing- flashing middle light internet orange/ purple . I have my original open reach white box and tried that so back to stock completely still the same. 

replaced all cables and only have the one socket master with two sockets Fibre internet top socket and phone below fitted by open reach few years ago. 

Phone is working. Have a spare ADSL filter so plugged dsl cable to filter then bottom socket ( nothing ) 

removed faceplate from master socket and plugged into test socket ( nothing no infinity) 

I have to wait till monday the 1st for open reach Man Frustrated   I am really stumped why the internet is dead. Only coincidence is that i recontracted with BT for 18 months but decided to cancel within 14 days going back to my infinity 2 but out of contract and having spoke to the call centre they say nothing has been turned off.

We have a busy household and struggling without. 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Infinity Down - Phone working- hardware checked - have to wait a week for openreach. Any help

Go to solution

anything here

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Re: BT Infinity Down - Phone working- hardware checked - have to wait a week for openreach. Any help

Go to solution

Thanks for the info, nothing listed for my area as being affected, my neighbours who are both on Talk talk are working fine. Seems to be issue with socket/cabling or issue with my account.

I tried to ring them just now . on the phone for 20 minutes and told there servers are down and call back in 2 hours.

Phone is working fine did quiet line test and sounds perfect.

0 Ratings
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

No objection to foreign call centres and having both parents who moved to the UK in the 70s  , but BTs foriegn call centres are shockingly awful. Read from a script with little flexibility in their very rigid language skills. Asking basic questions and all i can here is rustling papers and lots of pardons.  Man Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

if you cannot get internet using the test socket but phone works ok then you just need to wait till 1/8 for openreach engineer

from this morning papers it appears there was a problem causing long delays with BT helpdesk - longer than normal that is

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Apologies for the mini rant , just very frustrated how difficult it has been dealing with BT, the long delays waiting on phone, poor customer service and having to repeat myself several times.

Its summer holidays with 3 kids and we do take or work home with us and using a phone to tether isnt great.
0 Ratings
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Engineer came and went.  Broad fibre connection has been downgraded to ADSL for some reason that is why my openreach kit did not work. Also my unlimited daytime calls has been removed so i have a extra £18 bill on my account. 

I am fuming but dealing with BT customer service has been terrible. Tried to escalate but told to wait in another phone queque for 20 minutes then phone  disconnected. 

So no broadband for week , contacted BT several times last week and asked if my fibre broadband account was correct and was told both occasions nothing to do with their side and problem was with local issue hence the engineer visit. 

Cannot believe how i have been treated so far being a long standing customer. Man Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

see if forum mods can help you get your fibre conenction back  they will post here

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Raven8472 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with this. I'm sure I can help. Can you please drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're busier than usual so it's taking a little longer than expected to reply but once your details are in our queue we'll get you you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
hi i do not see a contact mods link
0 Ratings