Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ColeHart98
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity Fiber Optic increasingly slower throughout the day

Hello, I have BT Infinity fibre optic and my minimum speeds are 50-55mb download and this minimum speed is only achieved at 8:00am onwards until about 11:00am, it will significantly decrease throughout the day, now at 3:49 it is 7mb download, with speeds of 1-2mb at 8:00pm tonight. This has been occurring for around 5 days now and all I’m being told is to wait... I understand that the internet has traffic in my house, but at times I’m experiencing 16x less speeds than I should be, which is not acceptable, especially as I’m paying for fibre optic. Please can someone help!
Thank you!
-Cole
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity Fiber Optic increasingly slower throughout the day

Sounds like congestion. 

Use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you do this once when the speeds are as they should be and then once when the speeds have dropped.  Do not run any more diagnostic speed test after that. 

This will notify BT who, if they don't already know, will upgrade the capacity. It may take a week or so for that to happen.

0 Ratings
ColeHart98
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I will do that, it seems like every person I’ve told this issue to just says wait and the BT people too, I just fed it’s a copout and they’re saying if you wait it will hopefully fix itself
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

It won't fix its self if it's congestion but all you can do is wait. BT Wholesale should be aware of it and will be in the process of fixing it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@ColeHart98 wrote:
I will do that, it seems like every person I’ve told this issue to just says wait and the BT people too, I just fed it’s a copout and they’re saying if you wait it will hopefully fix itself

You can't just wave a magic wand and extra capacity will appear, it requires more infrastructure to be installed.

0 Ratings
ColeHart98
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thank you, I am aware of the fact I cannot wave a magic wand and it work.
0 Ratings