cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beegheel
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity Fibre

Please excuse if this has been asked before.

My local exchange LCHEY has recently become enabled for Fibre - when I checked at Xmas 2014 it reported that they were accepting orders so I proceeded to try and upgrade from my currentl package with BT ADSL - even though the site reported that they were accepting orders, further down the process it said no.  I deicided to check next day and by this time the website reported they were exploring how they could bring fibre to my address now.

Basically, all I want to know is why half of the Heysham exchange can get Fibre (I have checked with work colleagues) and where I live (250m) from the actual exchange I cannot??

Who can I take this further with as I am extremely frustrated.  I just want to know if it will ever happen?

Thanks

John

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity Fibre

Enter your phone number and post results. Sounds like your cab has not been upgraded https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

If you're only 250m from the Exchange it's highly likely you're on an EOL - Exchange Only Line.....

Basically your line does not route through a PCP, it will go directly from the MDF straight to the DP.....

If they are rolling out FTTC as part of BDUK in the area they may install a new PCP and DSLAM outside the Exchange so people on EOL can get it..... I tend to find they don't normally do that though until the end of the roll out for the area, that's at least what it was like around where I live anyway...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

As mentioned your pcp may not have a dslam associated with it. your work colleague may be fed from a different pcp. you could also check what pcp ge is with the above link that imjolly suppliedm
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
beegheel
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

check.PNG

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Did it say at the top your phone number and is served by Cabinet (number)?

If it didn't mention a cabinet you'll be on an EOL....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
beegheel
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

As no cab shown you are exchange only and that is the reason you cannot at present get fibre as said alread by lines_man

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
beegheel
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the info so far chaps - so I have no chance of upgrading to Fibre?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Not until the build a dslam outside your exchnage which openreach have started to do on some other exchanges - so there is hope but may take a while

0 Ratings