Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jinky123
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Infinity Graphs Show Speed Loss

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number  on Exchange  is served by Cabinet

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date     Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date       Premise environmentStatus

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available------Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 0.55.5 to 7.5Available------Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--3.5 to 5.5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available------Yes
Fixed Rate1 ----Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapN       
VRIN       
NTEFaceplateN       
Last Test Date19-05-2017      
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

the dslchecker result does not show any FTTC available to your   which exchange and cabinet number?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 18

@imjolly: Could the OR modem negotiate an ADSL connection? Could OP be on ADSL? Atho' "Max: Upstream rate = 2079 Kbps" contradicts that.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

@XRaySpeX

Op has been on infinity for years just speed in the faster broadband category

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jinky123
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Exchange Ladybank and Cabinet 9. The infinity checker using my landline number on BT's says I can get infinity with estimated speeds of between 20 -30 Mbps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

then I don't know why the dslchecker which ISPs use does not show fibre availabe to you  cab 9 was estimated to be live from october

0 Ratings
jinky123
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

There is a bit of history to this , I got Infinity and I was the first in the village to get it. Unfortunately I was so far from the exchange that I only got approx 17 Mbps. The FTTC cabinet would be about 1.5km away from my house  hence the lower speed. Now bear in mind the 17Mbps connection has been faultless since I got Infinity and it is just over this last month or so it has fallen in steps for some unknown reason. It was only detected because I log the modems negotiated speed out of interest. I feel there is some deterioration in the line , be it corroded joints or indeeed the tree branch in my neigbours garden. I just feel like it's going to take another month+ to get it fixed like the last time back in 2014 with ADSL.

Interestingly in the past 2 to 3 months a new AIO FFTC cabinet (this is marked cabinet 9) has sprung up about 200 metres from my home. It is right on the path of the buried BT cable bundle supplying all the houses including mine in my area. Now when I put my landline number in the "when can I get Infinity" webpage the following is shown :-

Engineering work

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre, but you may not be able to order a service because our engineers are carrying out some maintenance on the cabinet that connects your home.

We're aiming to complete this work as soon as possible, so please check back for an update.

Exchange name: Ladybank
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 9
Technology: FTTC

I know I was originally connected to the faraway cabinet in the village at the start and it wasn't number 9 so it appears that I am now on or will be on the recently installed cabinet marked no 9.  

I can only hope BT get this cabinet up and running soon.....

-Jim

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 18 of 18

The engineering work will be the transfer of cables to the new cab once the cab has been commissioned. Once done you should see a considerable increase in speed.

0 Ratings