Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Puzzle
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity Installation Issue

Hello. I'm writing to you hoping to find an answer of the issue I'm struggling with for almost two weeks. My new Infinity broadband has been installed on May 16th. The installation has been completed successfully allowing me to receive the Internet connection instantly. Unfortunately, after two hours I was forced to remove the cable from the socket. After plugging it back, the Infinity broadband provided the internet connection for only few minutes, changing the broadband colour to flashing orange. Surprisingly, I lost the Internet due to unknown issue. After 24 hours of a long journey through various help sites available on BT website and forum, I have decided to inform the organisation about my problem. The issue has been identified as land line problem. After few days the engineer arrived repairing the land line successfully. After almost 30 minutes the engineer identified the problem as broadband issue Informing me that it has been reported. However, I have not been informed about any movements toward solving this problem. I have already sent an Email regarding this situation waiting for an answer. Unfortunately, my broadband colour is still flashing orange leaving me unable to connect the Internet successfully. Is it a broadband problem? Considering the fact that it was working perfectly before I do not believe the internet connection is influenced due to broadband issue. Would you be so kind to help me solving this problem please? I would appreciate any helpful comment written below. Thank you.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity Installation Issue

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. If that does not help you will need to contact BT and report the fault and what the engineer said.

0 Ratings
Puzzle
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I have already tried this method. Unfortunately, nothing has changed so far. Additionally, I was trying to reset all of the settings available in broadband during Ethernet connection.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I don't understand what you mean with " I was trying to reset all of the settings available in broadband during Ethernet connection."  You should not need to do any setting up for the Homehub to connect to the Internet and your computer to connect by Ethernet to the Homehub.

0 Ratings
Puzzle
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

As there is no internet connection, broadband displays instant information on any device, enabling user to go through help sites which provide possible issues that may influence the connection. At the end, there is a setting page on which I was able to reset my broadband setting to default. As WiFi is not available, I was trying to connect my laptop via Ethernet connection which leaded me to the final setting site.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

How can you get to any site if you have no internet connection?

0 Ratings
Puzzle
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I cannot. As soon as I connect any device to the broadband, the "help site" occurs instantly. The site is an automatic information displaying reasons of potential problems. It provides essential information of which steps should be taken in order to identify the problem successfully. If the problem has not been found at the end of it, it informs about BT's contact details.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Is the program you are talking about, BT Desktop Help? If it is uninstall it from your computer. It is not needed and can cause problems.

To connect by Ethernet all you need to do is plug the Ethernet cable into the Homehub and the other end into your computer. You do not need to enter any settings.

If the Homehub is not connecting to the Internet, as would appear to be the case with the orange light showing, you will need to contat BT.

0 Ratings