Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xxmcvapourxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity Internet goes off!

Go to solution

Good Evening,

i'm having serious issues with my broadband,When someone rings the house phone and they pick up the internet goes off i have to wait 10-15mins sometimes i have to reboot the router to get back online.This offen happens during the day is well.i have checked all the cables and replaced them ethernet and rj45 connections.i have done a fault line checker on the website and it came back with nothing,i have done a silent test i can hear some noise like crackling.i have replaced the handset to test and i can still hear a noise.i have had an engineer a few months ago to sort out the noise and it was fine,now it comes back i did upgrade my line to infinity 2 about 4 months ago and since then i have had endless trouble slow speeds,noise im getting max 17mb 6mb upload and i used to have 22-25mb.is there anyone with more experiance to help me and give me advice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity Internet goes off!

Go to solution
you need to get the noise fixed can you still hear it when you connect to the test socket if you can then call BT Faults on 151 and report the noise once it is resolved you should be able to get the engineer to get your IP profile reset
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity Internet goes off!

Go to solution

Its possibly a wiring error. Are you plugging your phone into the bottom socket of the Infinity NTE?

Also check this diagram.

Has your Infinity Installation been wired correctly?

You phone can only be connected as shown.

0 Ratings