cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Infinity Issues

It was 6db last night when I checked, no noise on the line (just tested with quiet line test), just using main socket, no other wiring into it, just master socket direct from their cable and nothing else except router.

DSL uptime:

1 Days, 2 Hours 56 Minutes 17 Seconds

Data rate:

9.99 Mbps / 41.60 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

10962 / 39447

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 0.8 dB

The max data rate reported by router last night was around 50000 for download and 11000 upload.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

The 14 day reset is, I think, a built-in function of the line management system.   Because the 50Mbps service is a speed limited version of the 70Mbps service, they just open it on 70Mbps then place it into a 54Mbps fixed profile band.  Then because it is in a fixed band, the only way to progress to a worse rate band or to what would have been fully rate adaptive working would be to wait for 14 days after which a line evaluation would be made for that period.

Now assuming that the line is ok, it would have moved to FRA working or at least reported that it needed to be done.  At this point it could only be placed back into the 54Mbps fixed profile band, because that is how they intend to sell that service.

The observant among you will have noticed that the whole process will go round again and again and again, with either resetting every 14 days, or relegation to an even lower value of fixed profile line rate.   A related diagram for such a process (albeit ADSL2+) can be found on Figure 6 of the Wikibooks page  https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Internet_ADSL2%2B_Speed   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Quick Update

Another engineer visit today, checked line my end no faults found, in local cabinet they changed the port I was in and reseated the fibre card, connected now back to 49mb, and pings down to 7ms from 16ms (was 35ms with sky).

So seems after about 2 months they finally fixed it 😄

Will see how it goes over the next week or two and hope its sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Another update - Still not fixed!

So this issue still not resolved, after speaking to another BT person on the 150 number, he did some openreach checks and it flagged up an issue with the openreach network, something to do with failed authentication at the exchange end of the line, so just over 2 months of service, been faulty the entire time, engineer due again today to visit exchange and see if they can fix it yet again.

Really disapointing its taken over 2 months for certain tests to be run, which then flagged network issues in echange, still getting random disconnects (not shown on BT systems as it does not drop the DSL just the authenticication to the network)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Update

I have had an engineer out all afternoon, testing line again, checking local cabinet, then carried out a lift and shift on the exchange port I was connected to, they reset the card I was connected to in the exchange as well, took about 30 mins to come back up.

Now monitoring to see if its resolved for the next week or two, speeds lower at moment specially upload as was bouncing a lot while engineer working on it, no DLM reset was done. Download speed seems better for now, and ping half what it was before.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

I would post router stats to give a record of how it is after engineer visit and something to compare against later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Good idea 🙂

Firmware version:v0.09.05.11160-BT
Firmware updated:Sun Apr 15 00:43:58 2018
Board version:01
DSL uptime:0 days,01 Hours52 Mins34 Secs
Data rate:8.236 Mbps / 48.741 Mbps
Maximum data rate:8.406 Mbps / 48.403 Mbps
Noise margin:6.2 / 5.9
Line attenuation:31.2 / 23.2
Signal attenuation:30.8 / 21.2
Data sent / received:321.3 MB / 9.7 GB
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 20

why have you plugged the type b back in ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

the hub version shouldn't make a difference it's more to see if line now stable and holding connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Was just the one left plugged in after engineer left, tried three of them as they all came up with yellow light when the exchange card was reset, and he had not seen that before, so tried other hubs.

Dont really want to change it out again at moment incase it slows it down more.

0 Ratings