cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyezulsworth
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity - Massive, unexplainable drop in speed

So I've had BT Infinity for over a year now. Overall I can't complain, as speeds have been as they should be, besides from a few small drops that picked up again very quickly, however in the last 2 days, the biggest drop in speed I've ever had has happened. 

Here's an image of normal speeds I should get:

7122004a438c7d6ba88fdc6f7442520d.png

Here's an image of the current speed I am running at:

slow.png

I understand that this could just be a small glitch and it will pick up again, but I've gone through all the standard procedures such as a simple reset and turning off the power supply and turning it back on after a few minuets. I've also gone to the BT Home Hub manager and tried to pick up a new wireless channel to see if that made any difference, but it didn't. I don't know all that much about routers and how they work etc. but any help at all would be greatly appreciated, as I'm paying for a service that I am not getting. Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity - Massive, unexplainable drop in speed

Could you run a speed test from HERE and also a tracert to bbc.co.uk and post the full results.

On the speedtest run the "Further Diagnostics" those are the results we are interested in.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The speed test should also be carried out using a wired connection as wireless is subject to a lot of external interference
0 Ratings
Highlighted
eyezulsworth
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Okay, I ran the test, however on the third test in the 'Further Diagnostics' section, my PC froze and after attemping re-do the tests, I get an error about not being logged into the correct account for the test, so I cannot provide a screenshot for the third test, or any of the other tests that follow, if there is any. 

First test: 

FIRST.png

Second Test:

SECOND.png

Tracert test: 

0d74cfb6e546ed4b4925cc95c77a5d62.png

0 Ratings