cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Infinity Multiple drop outs (daily)

Go to solution

What about extension wiring?

0 Ratings
jandjwilliman
Beginner
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

0 Ratings
jandjwilliman
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
I don't think we have any, there was another socket upstairs, however when we were on nowtv we plugged a phone in and received no dial tone so we removed it and it was later plastered over.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Its not the socket itself, its any wiring that may be still be connected to the phone line, as this will upset the broadband.

Where there any wires connected to the point shown on my last picture?

If there were no wires there, then you need to find the other end of the wiring that goes to that upstairs socket, and make sure its disconnected from your phone line, as it may bee teed in somewhere else, as shown in this diagram.

Has your Infinity Installation been wired correctly?

The picture shows a filtered socket, but the principle is the same, no other wires connected.

0 Ratings
jandjwilliman
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution
No wires connect to the back of the faceplate of the master socket, suppose I need to see if the socket comes outside of the house and trace it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

@jandjwilliman wrote:
No wires connect to the back of the faceplate of the master socket, suppose I need to see if the socket comes outside of the house and trace it?

Yes, as it can be the cause of dropouts and loss of speed. Its not unusual to find wires teed into other connection points, especially on older installations.

0 Ratings
jandjwilliman
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
And if it connects back to my phone line I need to contact BT to resolve it? Would this come under Early Life Failure
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@jandjwilliman wrote:
And if it connects back to my phone line I need to contact BT to resolve it? Would this come under Early Life Failure

If you cannot easily disconnect it, and you are still having problems with speed and dropouts, then when Openreach visit, you can ask them to disconnect the unwanted wiring.

I would leave it to them do deal with it.

If they are observant, they should be able to see that for themselves.

Your current issue would be an Early Life Failure.

Do you want me to ask a moderator to arrange a visit, or are you going to contact BT directly?

0 Ratings
jandjwilliman
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution
Please could you ask a moderator that arrange an engineer visit and confirm that it would be chargeable as its Eary life failure?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@jandjwilliman wrote:
Please could you ask a moderator that arrange an engineer visit and confirm that it would be chargeable as its Eary life failure?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

It may be tomorrow morning when you get a reply, as they may have finished for this evening.

0 Ratings