cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmac161
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address

Hi

I have just recently got BT Infinity installed, I have noticed no difference from when I had normal broadband on my line. Also speeds are terrible

infinity

I have also tried testing my speed at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ but got this error message

No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test.
Click here to try again.

Any help please....

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address

Are you FTTC (fibre to the cabinet)?

0 Ratings
bigmac161
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT Infinity No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address

As far as I know, I am.

He had to enable infinity at the junction box before he came to my house.
0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

So you're FTTC not FTTP (fibre to the premises). When was this installed?

Are you doing the speed test via the LAN cable when no one else is on your network ie not doing it wirelessly?

Did the engineer fit the modem and HH3 in your home and replace the faceplate on the master socket?

Do you know how far you are from your cabinet?
0 Ratings
bigmac161
Message 5 of 8

Main computer is wired via ethernet, no other devices connected. Engineer came out and fitted new face plate and installed modem.

I did ask for router to be put upstairs but he declined saying " he was here to setup broadband and not to run extra wiring upstairs"

He didn't have a long enough phone lead so had to extend master socket nearer to where router was situated. 

He then did a check that said I would get 40 download and 9 upload, then left.

Cabinet is about 2 streets away

0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Actually he was there to fit an ethernet extension to where you want the HH3 sited. He should have fixed upto 30 metres according to BT \ OR installation T&C's. They wont run cable under the floor though, just up around doors and up skirting board.

Try the BT Wholesale speed test again. If you get the FTTP message there's something wrong. (The link you posted works for me.)

It may be a poor install (judging by the 'engineer's' comments.
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 7 of 8

curious is correct, the engineer should have fitted an extension up to 30 meters long to where you wanted the modem and router fitted, i got infinity installed on the 18/4/2013 and the engineer who installed mine was only too happy to run an extention up stairs for me, when i asked him he just said sure, thats not a problem, i will get you sorted out in no time, i can only say good things about the guy who fitted mine

0 Ratings
bigmac161
Message 8 of 8

I was thinking of ringing them up and complaining about engineer, I want my router upstairs out of the way next to my computer! I have done another test and it's a bit better, but in the evening this goes right down..

test.jpg

I was told I would get at least 38Mbs and Engineer said 40Mbs and 9Mbs upload, should I contact BT?

0 Ratings