cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 331 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

I rang aileen earlier, she had no data for my number but will kindly ring me as soon as anything becomes available. 

0 Ratings
Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 332 of 496

Hi guys am in the same boat as quite alot of you, phone aileen and got the same response of no information yada yada, however i have some good news am on the whitehead exchange which is enabled and all the Cabs are fibre ready and i am on a different ISP to BT, i put a request to my ISP to go direct to openreach and they came back to me within 7 days which basically said there is an issue in northern ireland where by the FTTC data results are based on data that was there at origanal survery time and relevant algorithms however for my exchange they are gonna redo the tests with a new algorithm which should fix the issue Openreach estimates this by late Feb, however with my current job i have regular information updates from Openreach about exchange updates incase we may have downtime at certain sites and it places the date as the 15th Feb

So there is a bit of hope to alot of you out there!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 333 of 496

Hi Gazz, are you in a position to provide dates on other exchanges?

Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 334 of 496

Am not to sure what work is being carried out by openreach, i am only assuming that it is a FTTC update that is happening, ill have a look into it though

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 335 of 496

Cheers, that would be appreciated.

Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 336 of 496

The Faster Broadband NI site has been updated to say that 85% of the project has now been completed!!  Wonder how much longer it will be before the new CABS will be updated on the BT checkers?

ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 337 of 496

Hi All

Anymore news an Annahilt area from anybody?

0 Ratings
rodoherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 338 of 496

I'm due to get an engineer visit next Monday (Feb 21st) for enabling my FTTC on Cabinet 6 in Annahilt.

Will update then to advise how it all goes  🙂

BROADBAND CANCELLATION CHARGE  😐

However, had an interesting experience with my current ISP. When I rang trhis morning to cancel my ADSL broadband, the lady said I'd have to pay £25 +VAT to clear the old broadband.

" ... Please be aware at the end of your cancellation period your service will cease.
If you are ceasing a broadband service  you will incur a charge of £25.00 (£30.00 inc. VAT). This is what BT charge for clearing the broadband from the line... "

I was very annoyed and refused to pay this. However after I investigated some more, it turned out that this charge is only applicable if you cancel and don't use a MAC code to migrate. I had in-fact been mis-advised by the customer service agent.

I phone up again and cleared it all up. I wonder if others have been effected by this ?

...R

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 339 of 496

Hi Gazz,

Did you see anything change today?

Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 340 of 496

Nothing yet, been advised by my current ip it can take upto 14 days to update the results, i cant get any more information about exchanges at present (staff issues) but ill keep trying, if i get my line updated ill update you all

0 Ratings