cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 361 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

From the last post #6 in this thread "BT are now selling another FTTC product which they call, Broadband with Fibre"

"Thank you so much for this, we had no idea this existed! Just ordered it today. We have gone from 0.5 mb to (hopefully) 8.6 mb"

btw I spoke to an Openreach engineer last week and he said there was a less than 15Mb service coming soon.

It was something to do with the Terms and Conditions being changed from the Infinity service.

The Infinity had to have a speed of more than 15Mb so that BT Vision worked, and the Broadband With Fibre does not allow/include BT Vision... or something like that.

Broadband with Fibre... sounds a bit like a healthy breakfast to me Smiley Happy

PC (Desperately seeking Infinity)

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
justme23
Message 362 of 496

Thanks for that!

Broadband with fibre is indeed a strange name! Wonder if they`ll come up with something else, between now and it getting on the main site?

0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 363 of 496

Hello all, just a quick update on my situation.

After weeks of checking the wholesale checker I noticed this morning that I am now connected to a fibre cab :D:D at 28meg down and 6up, which certainly beats my 1meg connection atm.

Made a call and placed the order and the engineer is due on the 15th March, so I've still a couple of weeks to go.

Many thanks to you who helped out and passed on Aileens number etc.

I'll update more when its installed.

0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 364 of 496

Adsl checker has still nothing for my number but a neighbour 200yards away his estimate is 9.1mb and 1.4upload. Doing my head in this **bleep**
0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 365 of 496

Hi

Good to hear Aileen helped and will soon be on Infinity, keep us updated.

Ian

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 366 of 496

Think this is do do with what you can call "Superfast Broadband".  Sub 15 meg speeds do not fall into this category.

Highlighted
Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 367 of 496

Aquiss FTTC Ordered 😄 £36 Business Package, 45gig Limit from 8am to 8pm, then Unlimited 12 Month Contract and NO Smoke and Mirrors when it comes to Traffic Management!

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 368 of 496

Hi All

You have all gone quite! is because BT are removing 300gb limit from 1/04/2011 and now we have nothing to complain about, lol. Let us all know whats happening out there.

0 Ratings
orly
Contributor
Message 369 of 496

@Gazz380 wrote:

Aquiss FTTC Ordered 😄 £36 Business Package, 45gig Limit from 8am to 8pm, then Unlimited 12 Month Contract and NO Smoke and Mirrors when it comes to Traffic Management!

You're getting ripped off mate.

Exchange: Bangor, Northern Ireland (NIBA)
Cabinet: #23, Kilmaine Road
Distance to Cabinet: 600 metres
29.5Mbit / 5.5Mbit ish
0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 370 of 496

@orly wrote:

@Gazz380 wrote:

You're getting ripped off mate.

After KerryG's post I would tend to agree with you Orly.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings