Did you mean: 
Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 381 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

@reme8488 wrote:

@orly wrote:

@Gazz380 wrote:

Aquiss FTTC Ordered 😄 £36 Business Package, 45gig Limit from 8am to 8pm, then Unlimited 12 Month Contract and NO Smoke and Mirrors when it comes to Traffic Management!

You're getting ripped off mate.

After KerryG's post I would tend to agree with you Orly.

Normally i would tend to agree, except a few major points i have with BT/BT Rebadge ISPs, yes £36 is a bit pricey but since i joined they seem to have the best Customer Service team, there Tech Support is Top Drawer and dont talk to you like your an idiot! the have no hidden Traffic Management or FUP, Aquiss seem to also have better Latencys for Gaming over BT also and on top of that its a 12 month contract not 18!

So is the £10 extra worth it for me, Yes i believe so!

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 382 of 496

@DaveNI1979 wrote:
Light at the end of the tunnel!! I have to say the ceo emailed me back inside an hour and today one of his team phoned me on my mobile, even though I didn't give my number which was bit weird, but they are putting through an order for me subject to survey which means if it doesn't work when engineer comes I can't get it but its all I can ask for. Surely if next door neighbours estimate is 9mb mine would be similar, and as I said before 4o5mb and a fast ping and I'd be more than delighted

That's great Dave!  Hopefully you'll be able to get a fair speed & also good pings.  My ping on my Infinity connection is miles ahead of the ping on my Sky Unlimited connection & online gaming is great once more (don't play online games that much but the guys I play with most are spread out in the US & Germany a good ping is very handy!)

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 383 of 496

Thanks reme, my brother is connected at full sync of 40/10 and when he hosts the party in black ops it finds really good rooms. My ping is around 58ms to 63ms on speedtest.net, not too bad. My brothers was 18ms or something rediculous like that lol. I play a lot with a guy from wisconsin and when he hosts I rarely get 3green bars, usually only 2bars. I'm hoping the guy that rang me today can sort all this out for me, I have to say he was very good on the phone, listened and explained things excellently. I'm glad I emailed, thanks pilot. As you said, worth a try. Look forward to seeing what your new speed is. Keep us updated mate.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 384 of 496

Well, not sure quite sure what to say really....

BT told me to expect 13.3mbps download.

Anyone know if my upload speed will get any faster?

1192575223.png

0 Ratings
DaveNI1979
Expert
Message 385 of 496

Holy moly!!! 27mb and 30ping is brilliant. How far are you from the cabinet m8? That's double the estimate you were given. Gives me more hope I can get an improvement.
0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 386 of 496

Engineer told me I was 1007m from the CAB, he was as shocked as I was to be honest!

He ran 3 speedtests before he believed what the screen was telling him Smiley Very Happy.

My only concern (I really shouldn't have any though, think I am just being greedy now) is why my upload is so low?

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 387 of 496

Hi

Great to see you are now in fast broadband club lol. Happy days.

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 388 of 496

@Pilot25dmc wrote:

Well, not sure quite sure what to say really....

BT told me to expect 13.3mbps download.

Anyone know if my upload speed will get any faster?

1192575223.png

With Option 1 you more than likely won't see much more than that for upload speed Pilot.

I'm sure I said that you'd hopfully get a good bit more than what the checker/BT predicted & I'm chuffed that you've gotten quite a bit more than was predicted Smiley Very Happy

Try the Maidenhed server to see what it gives you compared to the Manchester server.  I find the Maidenhead server gives better results - speed and ping compared to most of the others (possibly it's got more resources)

This is what I'm getting at the moment from the Maidenhead server:

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 389 of 496

I am on Option 3, currently on a Trial of the new BT product 'BT Broadband with Fibre' for people who's projected speeds where less than 15mbps and could not order Infinity.

I take it my upload will get faster then?

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 390 of 496

@Pilot25dmc wrote:

I am on Option 3, currently on a Trial of the new BT product 'BT Broadband with Fibre' for people who's projected speeds where less than 15mbps and could not order Infinity.

I take it my upload will get faster then?

If they are allowing the upstream to go to the full 10mbps then it most certainly could.  If (which is more likely) that they have the upstream as 2mbps then you wouldn't really get much more.

The BT Speedtester(http://speedtester.bt.com) will give you your speed profiles, so have a blatter with it and let us know what they are Pilot.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings