Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccann
Contributor
Message 401 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

Hello all,

Quick update, had my infinity installed this morning, engineer and another lad training with him arrived, he was a little concerned with some noise on the line, however its only been after the heavy rain of late.  He did say it could effect the speed, however when he tested with the JDSU unit, its returned at the full 40 meg connection, with about 6.9 up.  Happy days, line nosie doesnt seem to be interfering with the fibre.  It is something he advised to get looked at.

So then carried out a speedtest on the computer, returned at 37meg down and 6.5up, more than happy with this, I was quoted 27 down and 6 up before.

Had to **bleep** out of work to let him in so have'nt had a chance to get a good use of it until I get home.

Thanks to all who gave me advice here.

Bleeped for that? :-S

0 Ratings
jdowning640
Contributor
Message 402 of 496

Nice job mccann - how far are you from your cabinet?
0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 403 of 496

You know, its something I didnt ask him, althou its about 500 yards to walk to.

Just did another speedtest and hitting 35meg, pretty impressed 🙂

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 404 of 496

@jdowning640 wrote:
Nice job mccann - how far are you from your cabinet?

My line's exactly 547m in length to the FTTC cab (all underground) & I have full sync speeds for both up and down.  Speeds are normally 37+mbps down and 8+ mbps up.  The Openreach engineer can tell you your line length (that's how I know the line length for both my lines).

When I used the checker I was advised that I would get roughly 28.8 mbps down & 6.8 mbps up.  It seems in a lot of cases the checker is quite a bit on the cautious side with predictions (may be a good idea).

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 405 of 496

@ijjsimpson wrote:

Yogimax

I have sent you Aileen's number via private message, hope she can help you.

Ian

Thanks...

After contacting the very helpful Aileen, I have now been put down for the new sub 15 Mb product at 10.2 Mb. 

Once I have this which proves that fibre is active in my area, I can try and find out which part of the exchange my neighbour is plugged into and hopefully get up to his 37 Mb speed.  For example there is an infinity cab about 140m from my house which the cabling has to pass, but I don't think I am plugged into etc.

Many thanks for all the help

Y

0 Ratings
Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 406 of 496

This is an interesting one for you guys,

According to BT Openreach my records show I am connected to P3 + P11 before the main exchange, according to the BT Visit for FTTC Installation I am P11 only, and heres the best bit.. according to DETI P11 Doesnt exist! So i cant get FTTC cause of someones **bleep** up!

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 407 of 496

Well thats a good one, hopefully you will get sorted and join the happy band of Infinity surfers.

Ian

0 Ratings
scousechris
Beginner
Message 408 of 496

Our cabinet had an enablement date of today 31st March 2011, and up until 12 last night it said this date, now it states there are no plans to install BT Infinity at this time and to register interest.

I called BT and they say there is no plans and it must have been delayed,

The annoying thing is, I saw the new cabinet being installed and the fibre being blown from the next box in the link, which is "Ready for Customer Order". The exchange NILDW is also live.

Did anyone else have a heart sinking moment as they have been looking forward to the advertised date only for this to happen?

Regards

Chris "Still waiting patiently" in Derry.

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 409 of 496

Hi Chris,

In exactly the same situation.  The go live date according to the BT Retail checker was today, but I am now getting the same message as you:

'BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area.Register and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout.'

There are no mention of dates on the BT Wholesale Checker

I suspect that this will now be pushed back to 30th April, as this is the date by which the DETI contract is to be completed.

ps.  I know that all the connections to my CAB have been completed as it was a mate who did it!!

scousechris
Beginner
Message 410 of 496

As of this morning the checker states enablement date 3rd of April, tbh I am waiting fpr it to say April Fool....
0 Ratings