Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 411 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

The new FRS date is now the 7th AprilSmiley Very Happy Fingers crossed.

Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 412 of 496

Spoke too soon, this morning that shiny new CAB has been removed and the date pushed back by another 2 days to the 9th April. As far as I know the DETI contract has to be completed by the 30th April, so this could go down to the wire.

mccann
Contributor
Message 413 of 496

The actual cabs been taken away?

0 Ratings
Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 414 of 496

Yup, it was installed in early Jan and all the connections completed.  Yesterday the BT Contractors started working on the CAB and have completely removed it now.  Will hope that it is back soon!!

Nelix01
Aspiring Expert
Message 415 of 496

CAB is back in place this morning and new date of the 10th April!!

jonto81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 416 of 496

Need a bit of advice on infinity or a number to speak to someone who actually knows what is going on with infinty in the Moira area.

I live in a new development about 100 yards from the cabinet I am connected to, this cabinet has not been upgraded to the FTC ones and is not on the list on fasterbraodbandni, however I am closer to 2 FTC cabinets than 2 other people I know who have both been able to get it.

I have tried speaking to the call centres several times to be told that my exchange has been enabeled and they will contact me about upgrading once available and another time I have been told point blank I can't and won't be getting infinity in the near future.

I really need to know if I am going to be able to get infinity (or even faster broadband) as this will directly affect my work plans - on a 2mb ADSL connection at the moment

0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 417 of 496

Have you check the wholesale checker which can be found Here ?

If your connected to an FTTC it will say something like this about half way down the page.....

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of **Mbps and upstream line speed of **Mbps

If it doesn't then your either not connected to an FTTC cab, or its not enabled yet.

0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 418 of 496

Folks

A quick update from me...

I had the sub-infinity product installed today - as according to the BT wholesale line checker I should now be getting download speeds at about 10.2 Mb.

However (but not to my surprise) it turns out my download speed is the same as all my neighbours - around 37.5 Mb!

I have been arguing with BT since last June that "Yes - fibre is enabled in my area" etc, but if the magical computer used by sales says that fibre isn't enabled and over 15 Mb you may as well p**s in the wind!

Fortunately through this forum, I was able to talk to Ailleen who sorted me with the sub-infinity product which has turned out to be full Infinity (albeit with only a 1.6 Mb upload speed so far).

Thanks again to those who helped me out...

Y

p.s. I have rechecked the Infinity website and still get "BT Infinity is not due to be installed in your area"!  Oh well... Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
jonto81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 419 of 496

Yogimax - can you please PM me Ailleens number as I am being told "BT Infinity is not due to be installed in your area" even though everyone else in my area that I know has got it

0 Ratings
scousechris
Beginner
Message 420 of 496

Following my previous posts, I can now confirm that the wholesale checker has changed it's enablement date to 30th June 2011. Not a happy camper, but what can I do?

This is a DETI NGB cab as well, so unless BT have renegotiated, would that date not put them out of their scope?

Grrrrrrr.....

0 Ratings