cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhyno88
Message 111 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

I get 0.5 too i live in raffrey near crossgar and it keeps going up and down im hoping they come down this way because it really annoying sick of everyone elses being so fast and i cant even get a couple meg.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 496

I hear ya same old BT give people with BB better BB and the people just that bit out of town forget about them it sucks .

I would like to know what distance will FTTC travel and what speeds ? Like I am 1.5 miles from the CAB that aint that far  . I would like to know more tech info if any you have it on this ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 113 of 496

Hi

What speed results do you get when you check your number on the BT Infinity site?

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 114 of 496

I dont get a FTTC option from BT infinity .

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 496

Hi

Use this number xxxxxxxxxxx, and you will get a girl called Aileen very helpful. This is a BT number.

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 496

Hi everyone been contacted by BT today they told me I am exactly 2.7Km from Cab and said that I can get FTTC at that distance .

I had asked them to review my case as I had put some other questions to them . So bottom line FTTC wont reach out to that distance . Kinda silly dont ya think with new technology like this .

0 Ratings
thesimo
Contributor
Message 117 of 496

I think its just a physics based trade off. To squeeze more data down a line, you have to use shorter frequencies, which are by nature more vulnerable to interference and so on. So its understandable to see that FTTC VDSL would not stretch very far range wise.

But i think it would be cool if you guys who are a little too far out, could perhaps just use ADSL2 from the cab and effectively make your exchange at the cab.
0 Ratings
csortwell
Beginner
Message 118 of 496

I live out in the sticks between Greysteel and Eglinton, Co L'Derry and am connected to the Eglinton exchange.

Line length is 9km, with 63db attenuation & SNR 6db. I am on a fixed 512k connection which is fairly stable.

My exchange is now FTTC enabled and the nearest new green cabinet is approx 3km away.

What is the likelihood of me ever getting a faster connection, I'm not looking for earth shattering speeds but 1 or 2mb would be nice.

cheers

CJ

0 Ratings
jasetheace
Message 119 of 496

i had infinity installed this morning

was running 37.2 mb/s 

unreal. so so fast.

after a couple of hours of surfing its now running 0.5 mb/s     grrrrrr

is this normal for speeds to drop that much with a new install?

im in dundonlad and the cab is about 100 metres  away.

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 496

Sounds interesting ADSL2 at the cab how would that work ?

0 Ratings