Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thesimo
Contributor
Message 121 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

i went form OOH excited, to NOO...
apparently it can fluctuate quite insanely yes, but that's quite low. Just leave it and don't start fiddling with the hub etc.
0 Ratings
rodoherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 496

BT was quoting 20Mb download yesterday in Annahilt - today it just went up to 31.4Mb

Can it be true ? I hope so!

BT Infinity BT Total Broadband Fibre optic broadbandWe're rolling out our fibre optic network to bring you faster speeds of up to 40Mb. Register your interest now and we'll contact you near to the date stated.

31.4Mb download
7.2Mb upload
31-October-2010
0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 123 of 496

Hi

Yes have noticed the speed quoted has went up, excellent news lets just hope we get it soon.

Ian

0 Ratings
thesimo
Contributor
Message 124 of 496

the checker was updated today, everyone should get a better estimate. Better as in more accurate, not better as in faster.
0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 125 of 496

Great, cause its says I will get 30.9 ish. It said 23.5 up till yesterday. Thx for post

0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 126 of 496

My girlfriend got it this morning (Crossgar) and it's super...38meg...spoke to the open reach guy and he says I should get it too in Castlewellan by November...he knows where I live (exactly) and I'm about 1 mile from the cabinet, bit the infinity checker says not and the wholesale checker says I will get .5 meg on FTTC...what should I do?

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 127 of 496

Thats exactly the results I was getting  . The looks of things you are too far from your Cab to receive FTTC aswell . I am just over a mile from my cab and cant get it . It sucks 😞

0 Ratings
williewonka
Beginner
Message 128 of 496

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1000182102.png

hi folks,

this is my new work connection....wow....considering an hr ago i had next gen adsl2 and 2.5 mb connection it's some difference....i'm coleraine and the cabinet is less than 500 yards from the premises....

more importantly i got chatting to the nice engineer, made him a cuppa whilst he tested the connection   😉  and he was telling me that there is a waiting list of over 4000 both residential and business and he is assigned roughly 4 per day to complete so you can imagine the time scale of rolling this out....now to put it in context his previous call was in a home and he spent 2 hrs configuring everything for the customer....in my work i had mostly everything pre-configured (it is my job) and all he had to do was connect everything up test it and have a cuppa and he was away in 30 mins....so 4 a day when mixed with business and residential ain't too bad....the up shot is that they are pulling engineers in from all over the place to roll this out....another little nugget i gleened....i live in castlerock and i am worried as i am 2.5 miles from my cabinet but the nice engineer told me that whilst i might not be able to avail of infinity it could be possible, they never know until they tested it tbh....so fingers crossed....;-)

just thought i would share the love....;-)

Willie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thesimo
Contributor
Message 129 of 496

got mine installed today.
Mine didn't test the connection at all. he just plugged it in and told me to use the speed tester 😐

nonetheless, i was instantly downloadig at 4600KB/second, which boggled my mind, given that 80KB/sec was what i was downloading before.

Amazing speed.

0 Ratings
leprechaun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 130 of 496

Hi did the engineer say exaclty what you line length was to you cab ?

Also what were you quoted on the bt wholesale checker before install ?

0 Ratings