cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilot25dmc
Aspiring Expert
Message 391 of 496

Re: BT Infinity Northern Ireland

Yep, you where right, speed profile is set at 2mbps.

I wonder if this is part of the trial and they will increase it if all goes well?

I was told by wholesale that I would get 4mbps upload, then again they told me I would get 13.3mbps download!

Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 17.34.35.png

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 392 of 496

You may well get the higher upload as the trial progresses and they want to try stuff out.  I certainly wouldn't rule it out.  Enjoy what you have for now though!  Smiley Happy

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 393 of 496

0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 394 of 496

I am getting very frustrated with BT Infinity (my wife claims obsessive) and am at the end of my tether with Customer Support / Broadband Support / Infinity Sales after having spent many fruitless hours with them.  Hopefully someone here may be able to assist me...

The facts of the matter:

1. I live in an area of Lisburn which is Infinity enabled.
  2. My nearest Infinity cab is 140m away (confirmed by BT engineer) and my existing copper wire passes it.
  3. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and my neighbours and I all have our house copper wire sourced from the same BT hole in the ground (same cable but different twisted copper pairs obviously).
  4. My neighbour on the same cable has Infinity at 35Mbps downstream
  5. BT Wholesale say my line "currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 10.2Mbps and upstream line speed of 3.3Mbps".  They also say my cul-de-sac "currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 7.8 to 27.5 Mbps and upstream line speed between .8 to 5.8 Mbps"
What I have been told repeatedly:
  1. BT Infinity is not available in your area
  2. Your line will be updated to Infinity in a few weeks/months/years
  3. And then I have been passed onto someone else who knows even less...
I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.
Yogimax

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 395 of 496

Yogimax, where abouts in Lisburn are you?  I'm in Knockmore.  I am directly connected to the FTTC cab via underground cable (the junction box is on the side of my house and then supplies the rest of the area via the poles) which is exactly 547m length to the FTTC cab.

My brother lives just round the corner, but his line is via phone poles.  His line goes the long way round to his house, which leaves him with an estimated Infinity connection of something like 13.8mbps/5mbps.

I'm wondering if your line is doing similar .. ie, you're close to the FTTC cab, but your line's via the 'scenic route' to your home rather than direct/shortest route.

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 396 of 496

I am off Limetree Avenue (off Knockmore Road).  All cables are underground.

Y

0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 397 of 496

Whilst there is a FTTC cab about 140m away, I think I may be connected to the cab at the end of Knockburn Avenue.

Y

0 Ratings
Gazz380
Aspiring Contributor
Message 398 of 496

Have you tried Aileen at BT?

0 Ratings
Yogimax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 399 of 496

I don't have the contact number for her - it has been blanked out throughout the forum - could someone give it to me please?

Y

0 Ratings
ijjsimpson
Aspiring Expert
Message 400 of 496

Yogimax

I have sent you Aileen's number via private message, hope she can help you.

Ian

0 Ratings